Potential livery prospect - thoughts on package please

Puzzled

Visit site
That sounds about the going rate where we’ve are...maybe alter price slightly if a huge horse or tiny pony or charge a little extra for shavings

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback!

Also - would be happy with a 10 x 15m winter turnout pen (hardcore) which you can use everyday or a 20 x 20m (and a bit) to use 2 out of 3 days (trying to figure out whether to split area into 2 or 3)

Not many people who keep their horses for leisure/hacking would be happy with that turnout situation in winter. Particularly if you don't have a floodlit school for them to at least give their horses some exercise.

tda

Visit site
I once spent some time a few years ago on a local yard (farm) that had hay and straw included, it was 45/wk, the amount of straw thrown away was ridiculous, however we mucked out into a huge skip, which they then tipped into the cow sheds . Cows loved it 😁

Micky

Visit site
Wondering how you would work this assisted diy livery if your working full time? What happens if it’s limited turn out in winter months, you’re both at work? If the weather turns bad, horse hurts itself in field whilst no one on site? Just a thought...

Clodagh

Visit site
I would not like my hay usage to be limited by YO, much as I don't expect my horse to have enough hay to poo and sleep in I do feed ad lib hay and little/no hard feed. I think it would be better to sell bales and let people use their own. Mind you, perhaps you really need one livery with enough horses to be your only client?

Visit site
I would not like my hay usage to be limited by YO, much as I don't expect my horse to have enough hay to poo and sleep in I do feed ad lib hay and little/no hard feed. I think it would be better to sell bales and let people use their own. Mind you, perhaps you really need one livery with enough horses to be your only client?

1 livery with 3 would be perfect.

Bellaboo18

Visit site
I'm not sure we have poor turnout - paddocks/ spares for all but options if very wet/ icy rather than standing in a box?
Sorry I might have misunderstood. If the turnout pens are just for the very worst weather then yes that'd be fine. It was the 2 out of 3 days that confused me. 2 days in a turnout pen and the third kept in?

Clodagh

Visit site
Wondering how you would work this assisted diy livery if your working full time? What happens if it’s limited turn out in winter months, you’re both at work? If the weather turns bad, horse hurts itself in field whilst no one on site? Just a thought...

Surely most of us leave our horses unattended at some point in their lives?

Micky

Visit site
Surely most of us leave our horses unattended at some point in their lives?
Limited urnout in winter in my past experience means out for a few hours and then back in...how does that work if you’re not there? If I’m paying for livery, I expect owners to be on site..or on a yard, people coming and going.

JFTDWS

Visit site
I wouldn't expect owners on site for DIY - many places round here just can't offer that.

I also think small pens for turnout in the worst weather is preferable to no turnout at all - anyone with horses with respiratory issues would surely agree? I wouldn't be happy if that turnout situation lasted months, but given the level of limited winter turnout at some yards, again, for the area, that might be better than the alternatives.

Floxie

Visit site
Sorry - Yes pens are for really pants weather- it's whether we put in 2 larger ones or 3 slightly smaller ones so each livery has their own so no rotation.
If I was one of your liveries I think I'd prefer my own pen even if that made it a bit smaller. No worrying about whose turn it is, or fuss if somebody else didn't skip out.