Potential new horse.

TicTac

Visit site
last week I posted about a trakehner I was going to see this weekend from the stud where I used to work. He would be a bit of a project as he was backed late and then had problems with his wolf teeth.

I went and rode him yesterday and while is is very green he is by far the nicest horse I have tried out so far. Wheather permitting, my instructor and I are going back again tomorrow so she can give me her honest opinion on him.

Anyway, here are a couple of photos taken yesterday.

Spider.jpg

HGFlameur.jpg

ps I know the flash on the bridle is very low and it was taken off soon after the piccys!

Jesstickle

Visit site
He looks less btv than in the video and better for it :) He looks a sweet little chap. I've only known one trakehner and she was lovely (my mum rode her, she used to literally run across the field to you and shove her head in the bridle if you turned up with it :) ) so I am probably programmed to think they're nice horses!

TicTac

Visit site
Thanks jesstickle. To be honest I do think trakehners are an aquired taste as they are very intelligent horses and can easily go one way or the other.

He is very sweet and I had to ride him with quite a light contact as he does still have a few issues with his mouth. However I dont mind a light contact and he never got heavy in my hand either, even when he got a bit tired.

The one good thing about this horse being only down the road from me is that they are happy for me to go and play with him as much as I like. So if he passes all the inspections then I will have a really good idea of what he's all about!

Shantara

Visit site
My friend has a trakehner! Perhaps they're from the same place, as we're near-ish Bedfordshire.
She's given my friend a lot of confidence when jumping.

Here's Kia
KiaJumping071.jpg

I personally couldn't get along with riding Kia, but that's because I'm used to a silly little standardbred who can't canter properly at the best of times. I'm not used to big beautiful horses who move nicely!

He looks like a stunner :D

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
:D he looks lovely, has quite a nice outline considering his tooth probs, sounds like you will be able to have a really good trial and get to know him a bit before buying....i had a part bred trakhener many years ago and her temprement was fab, ..hope all goes well and you manage to buy him...

Jesstickle

Visit site
Thanks jesstickle. To be honest I do think trakehners are an aquired taste as they are very intelligent horses and can easily go one way or the other.

He is very sweet and I had to ride him with quite a light contact as he does still have a few issues with his mouth. However I dont mind a light contact and he never got heavy in my hand either, even when he got a bit tired.

The one good thing about this horse being only down the road from me is that they are happy for me to go and play with him as much as I like. So if he passes all the inspections then I will have a really good idea of what he's all about!

You obviously really like him, just have him vetted and buy him! Bad influence? Me?

be positive

Visit site
He does look much better in these photos than in the ad and videos, if he is what you want go for it, I think you know as soon as you sit on them if they are for you, it helps if you have inside knowledge to give you confidence in making the decision.

Nicnac

Visit site
And you are still questioning whether you should buy him???? :p

Knew quite a few traks in Belgium and they were brilliant once they were onside