Potential new horses... tell me what you think (and small grrr)

Cash

Visit site
This is what my snow day is taken up by!
smile.gif

These are a just a few I've seen that i like but have not contacted yet, let me know what you think or if you've found something similar/better.

1 Not overly excited about this one but looks nice enough- would need to know a lot more about it before considering. Rider is wearing spurs too- not sure I want another like that.

2 I REALLY like this one (i'm a sucker for coloureds...) but something about his conformation doesn't look quite right in the last pic.. or am i seeing things? And also as he's been out of work might hot up once fit. (Not that that's necessarily bad...)

3 This grey also sounds lovely, but am a bit put off by lack of 'action' pics, and would need more info before going further.
I'm sure there are many more, but these are just some i've seen on the net recently, and wanted your opinions.
i'm so excited!!
laugh.gif

Thanks

PS Also just seen this-
mad.gif
mad.gif
poor thing!

Llanali

Visit site
Right- I actually like No 1.

Afraid No 2- no thank you. It almost looks like it's about to step back in the last pic- now a) is that because rider is pulling head in and down to show an 'outline'? b) it looks very straight behind to me. It also looks fairly cresty, and thick through the jaw- now is that grass glands, or perhaps conformation, which I would question for breathing issues when working round etc. The third shot also makes it seem like it has a very muscular underside of its neck.

It doesn't look awful by any stretch, and I don't want to offend, but not for me thanks.

Feel quite indifferent toward the third. Could be its stance, but first pic makes it look pigeon toed behind, and second pic makes it look cow hocked!!

hollyandivy123

Visit site
i guess they tried to sell number 2 in october, couldn't then "turned away" for some reason, its the date on the pictures and they all look like selling pictures

silverstar

Visit site
I like no 1 and no 3. Not sure about the coloured.

Ive seen the third one, the grey before and very much like but its way too far for me to travel.

Flame_

Visit site
I like the colored, but I know what you mean about the last pic. Maybe you could get them to take a better photo and have it sent to you. Number 1's movement doesn't look right to me and, again it might be the picture, but number 3's body looks too heavy for its legs.

arwenplusone

www.freewebs.com
[ QUOTE ]
Right- I actually like No 1.

Afraid No 2- no thank you. It almost looks like it's about to step back in the last pic- now a) is that because rider is pulling head in and down to show an 'outline'? b) it looks very straight behind to me. It also looks fairly cresty, and thick through the jaw- now is that grass glands, or perhaps conformation, which I would question for breathing issues when working round etc. The third shot also makes it seem like it has a very muscular underside of its neck.

It doesn't look awful by any stretch, and I don't want to offend, but not for me thanks.

Feel quite indifferent toward the third. Could be its stance, but first pic makes it look pigeon toed behind, and second pic makes it look cow hocked!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completly.

Number one all the way for me. Looks a nice sort
smile.gif

The coloured looks a bit
crazy.gif
conformationwise & also looks tense.

Marchtime

Visit site
I like the grey... Number 1 just not my sort. Not taken with it. As for Number 2 - I'd never buy something that had been 'turned away' as it's normally because the horse went lame or had other issues. Number 3 I'd take home but then I love overgrown Connies!

Cash

Visit site
It's just a silly thing of mine really, i struggle to get mine in front of my leg when doing any kind of flatwork unless in spurs (he finds it so not worth the effort if there's no oppurtunity for throwing me off
smile.gif
) and would really rather have something a bit sharper off the leg. Obviously would depend on the individual horse though, it could be very different!
smile.gif
Thanks

Walrus

Visit site
I like 1 and 3, the final pic on the coloured does put me off and it looks quite big in front with a cresty neck. From the first jumping piccie on number 1 it looks quite forward going. I like the advert for number 3 - I'm such a gullible idiot when it comes to nicely written stuff - but sounds like he could be nice, worth a visit.

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
I like the grey - seems like a nice sort but personally I think you only really get a feel for a horse when you see them in the flesh (obvious conformation issues aside) and you can easily drive yourself mad looking through endless websites!
Poor little foal though - I hope he gets a decent home soon and is gelded - I'm not sure encouraging any foal to stand with his forelegs on your shoulders is a good idea!!

Kenzo

Visit site
Where abouts are you?, I know of someone selling/or possible loan 9 year old, a 16hh Thoroughbred thats done dressage & BSJA, said hes a good sort and good on the roads, they paid a bit of money for him.

I dont know the horse though or the person selling it, only what I've been told from somebody that knows her and that is all I know, based in Yorkshire I think.

dwi

Visit site
Why would you add a photo of your foal on his hind legs? Having been kicked in th chest by a foal that thought he was playing that would put me off straight away.

Cash

Visit site
Hmm see a recurring theme with no 2
smile.gif

I did find something a bit weird about its conformation.. just couldn't really pinpoint anything- now all of these things have been pointed out it all seems blindingly obvious!
And agree that the grey dosn't really seem to have much bone for its body!
Thanks so far everyone!

Cash

Visit site
I really like the two warmbloods particularly no2, but really don't want anything over 16.2 very max- I have a 16.3 of a similar sort and he is too big for me really. I like the 4yo as well, but too young for me- don't really have the time to bring on. A few years older i'd have him!Thank you very much for doing that- fancy finding some a couple of inches smaller..?
Thanks everyone, this is really helpful!

fornema

Visit site
Hehe will do whats the lowest boundary height wise your looking for ? how much you loooking to pay up to and how far will you go and i will try to find some. Im being so lazy today argh lol.

fornema

Visit site

Apalacia01

Visit site
I personally like Fornema's 4 y/o. Think no 2's neck is set strangely, and also doesn't have the most 'attractive' demeanor! Sorry...

I know you don't want a 4 y/o, but he is dashing!

NicolaC

Visit site
I have a nice TB gelding that I'm thinking of sellin 16h and 11 years old. Has done DR, SJ, XC and I was thinking of doing showing and jumpcross with him this year if you are interested.