Potential New Ride

SnowPhony

Visit site
Having been left feeling a little unsure where I stand with current owners, I was browsing a sale and loan website and stumbled across a local horse in need of a rider. Decided to send an enquiry to see what's what because even if things improve with current owners then I can still split my time with both.

Well she sounds lovely. A bit green but a real sweetie and I;m going to see her at the weekend. Looking forward to it because she sounds like a fab little horse, and sounds like I can have a lot of fun bringing her on but I'm just a bit worried she may be a wee bit too small as she's only 15hh. I've been riding a cob just a bit bigger than her but she feels small because previous to her I'd been riding big hunters and eventers. I'm 5'6, is 15hh going to be too small for me to do much with?

charlie55

Visit site
No i think you will be fine, if she is green and needs bringing on, its better to have the longer legs to wrap around her, rather then someone purched on top. She will feel more secure IMO

SnowPhony

Visit site
I'm quite looking forward to the prospect. It sounds like I'm going to be the only person riding her as owners time is taken up a lot with daughters ponies and her other horses. The owners I have been riding for have had a nivice also riding the horse I had and that was kind of undoing any corrective schooling. Bit upset that it seems things have gone a bit pear shaped with them, and hope they could just be straight with me if they no longer want or need me to ride but hopefully things will work out with this little mare