Potentially Trashing Bridle - Should I Do It?

JAK

Visit site
OK, complicated tale made simple:

SWUO has 'funny' teeth (stick out everywhere!) - we have finally found a bit to fit her but the little Sabre pony bridle I tried is not the best fit on her - the headpiece seems a little shallow & she would need a cob browband, as the cheek pieces are being pulled forward on to her facial bones!
(Has very fleshy cheeks & although 'pretty', is the sec A equivalent of a pitbull! LOL)

I do however have the wretched Elevator pony bridle (which I have consistently failed to flog successfully!), which has a padded headpiece & a larger browband but.....the cheek pieces are too long!
I would have to punch extra holes in them, which would be very near the top - would you do it? (It's going to kill off completely any chance of selling it, isn't it?)

Would you potentially trash a £145 bridle or just fit a larger browband to the Sabre one & forget the padded headpiece?

(JAK excels herself yet again with one of her daft questions!)
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
I think i would just get a bigger browband or use the brow band from your elevator bridle.

I wouldn't trash the elevator incase someone does want to buy it and £145 is a lot of money to throw down the drain (unless you have a rich husband he he
tongue.gif
).

druid

Visit site
Get yoru local saddler to roll back the cheek pieces on the Elevator (They do it at the buckle, open stiching then cut off 1-3" of leather and re stich in buckle)... Vóila, bridle that fits with no unsightly punched holes...

JAK

Visit site
Now that is a good idea Druid!
smile.gif

I quite like the idea of the padded headpiece for her (have taken off the huge crank noseband obviously, or would not be able to actually see small pony lurking beneath it! LOL) & the throatlash is a better fit on her than on LBO, where it just hung straight down!

She is so headshy & sensitive, I thought the headpiece might be 'nicer' for her & it does seem a more generous fit than the Sabre one!

Will investigate cost then!
smile.gif

Also.....where can I get 'super short' reins from, as the Sabre 'pony' ones are much too long to be really 'safe'?
And a tiny numnah? Bl**dy hell, how do people kit out these little diddy ponies - everything 'standard' is just so big?
confused.gif

JAK

Visit site
Thank you - have put it in 'Bookmarks'!
smile.gif

*squeals* The rugs start at 2'9".......OMG!
grin.gif

Travel boots could be useful I think, though SWUO would probably say 'No thanks!' to the nose-to-tail rug options! LOL

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you like the elavator? I love mine!

[/ QUOTE ]
Ooh, where to start?
The throatlash is at an odd angle & no matter how you adjust it, just hangs straight down!
frown.gif

The leather is ridiculously soft & looks like it has been chewed on or something after only a few months wear & has also faded noticeably I think!
frown.gif

The stitching etc. is not of particularly good quality, certainly not for the price & the underside of the leather by the buckles etc. is very 'scruffy' looking!
frown.gif

I don't think it's a patch on CB's Stubben one, which was about the same price, though I do realise I am the only person in the world who thinks this & everybody else loves theirs!
frown.gif
blush.gif