Potton XC

Thistle

Visit site
Used to go when kids much smaller on ponies. Useful 1st XC as mum can see the whole course!

These days never go there except if something needs an outing and the ground is awful everywhere else.

Gererally find there is alot of 'attitude' there and unsafe riding particularly in the collecting ring. Very close to us though.

nomini

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Have you been there before?

Afraid it is one that I avoid like the plague!

[/ QUOTE ]
No, not been there before! Was going to do a pony club xc but it's 2'6 and I really want to get out to another small one and canter round before moving up to a bigger course. How come you avoid it?

Petrie

Visit site
Yes, I'm with SillyMare on that one. Horrible course, and loads of mad people flying around all over the place.

archoak

Visit site
Agree too, if you do get eliminated they make you leave the course straight away and the jumps are a bit homemade and take-offs dodgy
crazy.gif

SillyMare

Visit site
All of the above reasons about mad and dangerous riding, shabby jumps and poor takeoffs / landings.

Also the fact that the course loops back on itself so much it is impossible to get a young horse thinking forward and into a rhythm.

Sometimes it is the only place that will run though because the ground they have seems to stand up to a lot of rain.