poulticed foot

debsflo

Visit site
my 16hh warmblood has pulled off near fore shoe for 3rd time in 6 weeks and trod on toe. vet seen and doesnt think it is deep but very lame so brought in and poulticing it .have just got new pony and both horses distressed at seperation. any one know of poultice boot suitable for turnout. most only seem to be used if stabled.also as foot crumbling and contributing to lost shoes considering old mac boots or something similar :anyone had experience

CBFan

Visit site
Just poultice, baby nappy, vetwrap and lots of duck tape! that should be fine!! put extra layers of duck tape at the toe as this tends to get worn out first.... Poultice boots always tend to come off / wear out...

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I bought something called a 'shoof' a plastic shoe type boot thing that goes on over all the poultice dressing,i got mine years ago when seren had an abcess in her foot,so i am not sure if you can get them still, i dont see why not
just searched shoof and found it,this stayed securely on serens foot
smile.gif

http://www.performance-equestrian.com/cat/cat010400x-item_0.html

Zebedee

Visit site
Shoof brilliant!!! Also el cheepo canvas boot & as already mentioned loads of duct tape is very effective.