Video Practice makes perfect…

ImmyS

Visit site
Trailer loading practice for Finn today. He’s never loaded onto a trailer and only travelled a couple of times in a small lorry in his life. He walked straight on and settled in there really well. Practiced backing off and getting on a few times and practiced having back bar and ramp up and he was good as gold. Hoping to take a short pootle out to a friends just down the road at the weekend for his first time actually out in the trailer. Hopefully he’s as settled once on the move ?

1D7F2431-CD9F-47B8-842F-4907AA7E609A.jpeg678AF08C-E94D-42C9-A5B4-8FBFDEE0CAAB.jpeg

He obviously enjoyed it so much that he decided to load himself once we were tidying up. He’s a cool dude!

Parrotperson

Visit site
brilliant that is a very good boy. Can I make one small suggestion? A friend was loading their youngster like you and it didn't go quite to plan. Anyway long story short she lost two fingers to the rope. wear gloves and don't hold the rope so it can wrap around your hand.

Sorry to sound like your mum! ?

ImmyS

Visit site
brilliant that is a very good boy. Can I make one small suggestion? A friend was loading their youngster like you and it didn't go quite to plan. Anyway long story short she lost two fingers to the rope. wear gloves and don't hold the rope so it can wrap around your hand.

Sorry to sound like your mum! ?

I know I should have been wearing gloves, always disorganised ? just to say though I was holding the lunge line coiled up in a bunch so I could release quickly if anything happened xx

Parrotperson

Visit site
yes indeed. sorry. Just its easy to forget which is what happened to my friend. Id just let go if it did happen! Its an enclosed space so better all round.

But having said all that (and again your Mum!) he looks very good so you won't have to worry. Well done.

ImmyS

Visit site
yes indeed. sorry. Just its easy to forget which is what happened to my friend. Id just let go if it did happen! Its an enclosed space so better all round.

But having said all that (and again your Mum!) he looks very good so you won't have to worry. Well done.

That’s OK! I agree! Always better to be safe than sorry. Sorry to hear of your friends accident, scary how quickly things can go wrong x

Antw23uk

Visit site
He is such a dude, I love him. I feel your pain though .. its a bit like squeezing toothpaste back into the tube getting my ID into a trailer and for the love of god i cant find full length breast and breech bars so having to get them made, lol! He tolerates the partition but i know he'll be happier without it :)

ImmyS

Visit site
He is such a dude, I love him. I feel your pain though .. its a bit like squeezing toothpaste back into the tube getting my ID into a trailer and for the love of god i cant find full length breast and breech bars so having to get them made, lol! He tolerates the partition but i know he'll be happier without it :)

I like the analogy!! It is true! I’ve only just got the trailer but keeping an eye out for full length bars as will be only travelling Finn anyway - it would certainly be more comfortable!