PRB horseboxes, any opinions?

Oscar

Visit site
Have been messed around and let down by a coach builder so am looking to buy a 2nd hand box, would prefer to go to a dealer.

Have seen a couple of prb boxes that look suitable has anyone any experience good or bad? Pm if preferred. Budget depends on if I get a refund from the clown I entrusted with my deposit!!

Vodka shots all round - who cares if it's early it's Friday!!

ihatework

Visit site
I bought an older one second hand - it's an N reg Iveco and a compact 7.5T for 2 horses with day living.
TBH I think I got a bargin, it's been a fab little lorry for me.

Louby

Visit site
When I was looking I seen a couple of PRB's and I really liked them, they seemed well built, so much so they had out lasted the rotting chassis they were on :( I would have definately have bought otherwise.
Forgot to say, this isnt a dig at PRB, just sadly the chassis I looked had cab floors that had basically rotted away!

nikkimariet

Visit site
We had a 7.5t by PRB originally, lovely lorry and never had any problems with it. Didn't need the space so sold and had a 3.5t built by them which is ACE. Absolutely love it, always gets comments about what a neat design it is :)

porkpie

Visit site
I've always admired the PRB boxes and think the build quality is second to none! They are however hugely expensive new and even second hand hold their value. In order to get an affordable one you are likely to end up with one where the chassis is starting to get a bit ropey. Obviously I've not idea what your budget it but that was what I found!

If it helps, I can highly, highly recommend Peper Harow Horseboxes as I've just purchased a brand new conversion from them. They do both conversions and coach built but I opted for the conversion as it was a cost effective way of getting a brand new lorry with a newer chassis. I'm very impressed with the build quality - I don't feel I've been short changed on quality or amenities just because I didn't go down the coach built route either. Customer service was superb - I had a blow out on the way home from collecting it (not something either party could have forseen) and they were so mortified they paid for the new tyre - brilliant. I did loads of research before going with them and was unable to find any negative feedback on them and they've been around for over 20 years. Also, if you order a new build then you only pay for the chassis up front, the rest shortly before delivery which protects you. If you want to know anymore, feel free to PM me.