Prediction heigh

windand rain

Visit site
Depends on so much how well done as a baby, how mature looking now and genetics the string test will work for her as she is more than a year old. All my carefully fed from foals stopped going upwards at 2 and filled out and muscled up so looked much bigger by 6. They were still the same height just matured. They reckon horses have made 95% of their height by 3

Leo Walker

Visit site
Depends on so much how well done as a baby, how mature looking now and genetics the string test will work for her as she is more than a year old. All my carefully fed from foals stopped going upwards at 2 and filled out and muscled up so looked much bigger by 6. They were still the same height just matured. They reckon horses have made 95% of their height by 3

Yup this. I reckon 13.2hh maybe. The string test is a very good estimate so try that.

Aries+georgia

New User
Visit site
Not 100% on how to do string test? I've been told she will make around 14.2hh but really don't think this is the case I'm around 5ft 4 and around 11st even if she reaches 13.2 I'll be happy as long as I wouldn't be too big or heavy for her I'm only interested in popping over a few small jumps and hacking nothing major

windand rain

Visit site
for the string test get a long piece of string place the end on the top of the fetlock joint and run it up the leg to the elbow then turn the fetlock end in a straight tight veritcal line to above the withers the height above the withers is the height she will make. The inches test using a tae measure measure from the center joint of the knee following the contours of the leg to the top of the coronet band in inches if that measure 13 and a half inches she will be 13 and a half hands ie 13.2 if it measures 14 inches she will be 14hh and 14 and half inches she will be 14.2 quite simple if you know the start and stop points. You can do the string test with a tape measure too just measure from the floor to the elbow then from the fetlock to the elbow in inches add the two together and divide by 4 to give hands high