Premature end to camp

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Katie was at an under 18s camp but we got the text of doom this morning to say Izzy has tested +ve and we had to hot foot it home. 10 days of boredom here we come. Izzy is ok so that's the main thing.

Fun while it lasted!

217395644_4195920627154653_16720632260836438_n.jpg
217272342_4195920687154647_4130849117882768546_n.jpg
217455045_4195920973821285_7383997194862540209_n.jpg

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Oh heck :oops:.

That'll be everyone she was in contact with at camp having to self isolate too, won't it?

Hope she and you all are fine. Just been through it with son 2 - he tested +ve and the whole cricket team (he's captain) had to self isolate. None of them went on to test +ve, though.

Reactions: TPO

Ambers Echo

Visit site
TP - No, thankfully. Izzy wasn't at camp. So while we all have to isolate, people who Katie was with at camp don't as they are just contacts of a contact of a case!. Plus we were very careful anyway and she was never indoors apart from using the loo and sleeping in the lorry! Izzy and Katie go to different schools and have different friends & hobbies.

My son is most annoyed as he rightly points out he has not exchanged a word s or shared a room with either of his sisters for weeks! And he has to miss the play he has a leading role in. Grrrr

Skib

sites.google.com
Sorry about your son. We have just told our student grand daughters we dont think we should walk with them tomorrow after all. Not till they are twice vaccinated. Hopefully by the end of August. We arent very logical as we go to the yard but limited people there and all with passes to enter.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I presume it was a lateral flow test she failed (as otherwise the family would have been isolating already whilst you waited for the results of a PCR) so I hope, fingers crossed, the PCR one is clear after all.

Roxylola

Visit site
Oh no that's gutting. Katie and Dolly are looking fab though. Hope you enjoyed it while it lasted x

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I presume it was a lateral flow test she failed (as otherwise the family would have been isolating already whilst you waited for the results of a PCR) so I hope, fingers crossed, the PCR one is clear after all.

yes she developed symptoms overnight our first night of camp and was then positive on lateral flow. Still waiting for Pcr but we’ve no doubt she’s got it as she is ill! She actually tested negative the day we went to camp. But I guess you’re negative till you’re positive!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
yes she developed symptoms overnight our first night of camp and was then positive on lateral flow. Still waiting for Pcr but we’ve no doubt she’s got it as she is ill! She actually tested negative the day we went to camp. But I guess you’re negative till you’re positive!

It is a nightmare! We have had some one back negative on PCR though, even with symptoms. She would still have to isolate with symptoms, but maybe Katie could go back to camp. I think there is a summer cold going round that looks like Covid.

A few bubbles have had to shut, but just for one day. There is hope yet!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site

Poor Izzy! I hope she makes a speedy recovery and that her siblings forgive her for disrupting their hobbies - and that the rest of the family escape the virus.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Yes we only beat her up lightly with a big stick….

We are obviously more concerned about her than our hobbies but it was still pretty crappy timing!!

The rest of us are vaccinated so fingers crossed ?

I am the only one in my double vaccinated household who caught Covid, and 2 friends who I had spent time with immediately prior to symptoms, also escaped. It seems to be almost a Lottery. Fortunately my vaccine stopped me becoming seriously ill.