Premier Equine Air Cooled XC boots

MissGem

Visit site
I've just bought a set of medium PE Air cooled original XC boots in medium for my 15.2hh.

I already have a set in large, which I bought about 4 years ago for my 16.2hh and was pleased with them, hence the new purchase of the smaller boots.

However, the new medium size boots are just as big as the large ones and a different shape. The hind boots are huge. Has anyone else found this to be a problem? My horse doesn't have particularly short cannon bones, but these are much too long - I went on the sizing that PE recommend and confirmed this with a customer service rep on the phone. Now they are going to have to go back....

georgiegirl

Visit site
PE do seem to come up large!! My girl is 16.1hh and is a chunky ISH with a lot of bone and she only takes the mediums suprisingly!

PE are very good to deal with though, Im sure after a quick call you can send them back and they will send you a different size?

There are often mixed reviews about the PE boots but from my experince so far I love mine. Fit like a glove, weigh nothing and protect her legs in all the right places (I use the BL1's)

MissGem

Visit site
My 16.2hh is also a chunky ISH and I've been pleased with the XC boots for him - but thought they were quite large for him and they are a large size - so imagine my surprise when the medium hinds just received are even longer!

My 15.2hh couldn't bend his hind leg in them ...and when I flexed the front leg when I tried the front boots, the back of the boot interfered with his knee!

Twiglet

Visit site
Agree entirely - I bought a set of large hinds for my 17hh ISH (who has quite a bit of bone and not particularly short cannons) and they are almost too large, they seem disproportionately long.
Also, having jumped him in them for the first time last night, he had a bit of a swelling on his fetlock, which I'm not sure if it's boot related :(
They're lovely boots, I'd just be concerned about the fit if I was buying from them again (incidentally he's normally 6'9" to 7' rugs and takes a 6'6" in PE rugs).

MissGem

Visit site
Just spoken to Premier Equine this morning - apparently since I bought my original boots in 2008 they have undergone 2 design changes.

The very helpful lady at PE gave me measurements for both fronts and hinds and the fronts are indeed a full cm longer than their specfication. The hinds match their specfication, but are way too long for my horse...

Now don't know whether to get a refund or just get small boots, but then worry they may not be wide enough for the vents to match up correctly....

dafthoss

Visit site
Oh no I'm sending my old ones back today as we broke a cannon guard, hope the new ones fit him as well as these did as they were a perfect fit on him.