Premier Equine Rugs and Neck Covers

pootler

Visit site
I've been a customer of Premier Equine for 15 odd years now. One of the reasons I liked their rugs is that they would let me swap the standard size neck cover that comes with all the 6"6/6"3 rugs for a large one when I ordered. No matter what size of horse I had, the standard neck was too small.
Sadly they won't do that anymore so I am going to move to Horsewear as all the liners and neck covers I have for PE will fit Horseware rugs. Do the Horsewear Rambo range of rugs come up the same size as the PE ones?

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
The horseware rug size does seem to vary a bit on type, for instance a 5'9 rambo is generous on mine (similar to how his PE was) but his arse sticks out of the same fitting (v-neck) rhino version.

awelshandawarmblood

Visit site
I've done the opposite to you. I bought a Rambo with the 3 liners, the outer shell came up a lot smaller than the P.E so looked like a mini skirt on my WB, it didn't even reach the depth of his belly. Then the inner fabric disintegrated!

So I'm now using my Rambo liners in P.E outers which are bigger, deeper & more robust! In answer to your question, the Rambo's fit inside the P.E really well but not quite as deep as the P.E

Stenners

Visit site
I am considering changing my rugs to PE. I tried on a friends today in my ponies usual size and she swam in it!! I have no idea where to start with PE though!

Squeak

Visit site
Funds allowing you might find the Rambo Optimo the closest switch. It fits the PE necks and liners and is the same sort of depth and fit as the PE one.

teddy_

Visit site
Always thought PE came up enormous.

Completely agree that Rhino are snug but Amigo and Rambo are generous.

I have a seriously ancient 6ft PE stable rug that fitted my WB who was 6ft6 in every other brand.

Personally, I prefer HW rugs as they seem to stay waterproof regardless of washing (especially Rhino and Rambo). I find that some of my PE rugs are so heavy when wet etc.

eggs

Visit site
I find PE come up big compared to the same size Horseware rug. I often buy the large PE neck covers and use them with my Rambo Duo rugs as they are a better fit for my horses compared to the Rambo neck cover. Why not just buy a separate larger neck cover from PE?

pootler

Visit site
Well the rug set I want comes with a neck already and is £160, there is not an option without neck. It would then cost me a further £50 to buy a larger neck.....

eggs

Visit site
I normally buy the neck covers in their sales at the end of winter and just stock up on them. Even buying at full price it will be cheaper to buy the PE rug and additional neck cover than buying Rambo. As a general rule I find the PE neck covers far more generous in size than HW. As far as the rugs go mine are in the same size PE as Rambo.