Premier Equine Winter Rugs

MagicMelon

Visit site
Following on from recommendation in the "Winter Rugs" post, wondered how many other people use their winter rugs (medium or heavy weight ones)? What do you think of them?

Am interested in the heavyweight ones, they are quite cheap for what they seem to be.

miller

Visit site
Brilliant - I've got one on my non rug trasher and it's lasted brilliantly. A friend has one for each of her 2 rug trashers and are coming up to their 3rd winter.

All of their stuff is very good quality

Louby

Visit site
Id love one but I was worried about the gusset. Its rather large and would be very tempting for my horses friend who trashes my rugs! Found a gusset in the field the other month from 2 years ago!
How do you find the strength of the leg gusset?

dwi

Visit site
How do they measure up? Thats a very good price for a nice rug but Daisy takes a 6'6' in her Shires and KnightRider rugs and they only do it in a 6'9'. She's a 15.2 middleweight cob, not too big on the shoulder but an ample bottom. Do you think the 6'9' would be too big?

so03

Visit site
I have a heavyweight rug. On it's third winter now, it's wonderful and my boy hasn't destroyed it yet. He destroys most things.

I thought they came up a little on the large size.

RunToEarth

Visit site
I love premier equine more than life, fab rugs, fab boots, fab numnahs, and decent prices
laugh.gif

eekmon

Visit site
I have some boots and a fleece and was wondering about a turnout rug as my horse is quite narrow? Usually use wetherbeetas as they fit a treat. Also are the neck covers de tatchable?
smile.gif

RunToEarth

Visit site
I had a bright blue shiney one on Oshk last year, he is narrow and it fitted snugly, with detatchable neck, and one of those under belly straps to stop him getting o so muddy!

JaneyB

Visit site
Blimey, just had a look at their site, I personally don't think their rugs are that cheap, or am I looking at the wrong bit
confused.gif

The middleweight winter buster, which I assume is a normal winter rug, is £89.99!

At the moment TDS saddlery have excellent prices for their Mark Todds, i.e. medium is £59.85.

spaniel

Visit site
In the flesh they strike me as on a par with rugs that sell well over £150. Im very pleased with mine and would certainly have another if funds allow.

ss1

Visit site
I have a medium weight one that I bought last year. Great rug complete with detatchable neck cover. My horse usually takes a 6ft 3 and I found it came up a little smaller than others I have tried, it's quite snug over the rump but still fits. I ordered over the internet and it came the next day!

kerrylou123

Visit site
Im thinking about getting one for my horse for the winter. I want a decent rug for him, but id rather not spend £100's on one as he wrecks them, so for the quality of them, i think they very well priced!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I love Premier Equine stuff - my boots are still going strong after two eventing seasons. I will be getting a HW one once I am in funds. For me the best thing is that you get the neck cover included I hate having to pay £69 for a rug and then another £39 for the neck cover which is what the Mark Todds do.