Prep week continues

BBs

Visit site
Last night was the first time since Monday I was able to get back on my boy since him having his back looked at on Tuesday morning.

He has been busy walking 30 minutes a day on the walker, and having the equissage on, but obviously not excelling himself too much
smirk.gif

So decided to climb aboard and take him for a quick hack before YO and her son arrived to put me through my SJing paces.

The fences currently are set one at B and E (one upright and one oxer) with two uprights on angles in the middle so you can come across and do a figure of eight (if you get my meaning).
This exercise has been brilliant for the past week or so as I do really struggle to ride my corners.

Anyway, so we've warmed up and popped a x pole and upright. YO and son arrives and the fun begins lol

Winston was rather naughty, bucking and squeeling and plunging around with delight
smirk.gif
and theres me trying to look all composed and unaffected - yeah who am i trying to kid lol

The fences were going up, the oxer was getting wider but i just kept on coming and winston was WEEEEEEEEE over the fences, meeting the oxer perfectly every time
smile.gif

I finished and all were impressed!! we jumped up to 1.15m
smile.gif
yay BN and Discovery should feel tiny in comparison come sunday - we hope lol

On the connie front, well shes going very well indeed. Wednesday night I took her round the canter fields and survived - she was very good in all the spooky wind. Last night I went out with YO and her pony and we trotted around the fields, well *GULP* its confirmed Connie is SERIOUSLY strong
smirk.gif
but now we have something to aim for.
Gatcombe horse trial in September! I am working C and W to get them fit for this event. I did mention to Jona that if of course he chickens out that I will take Connie around the novice
grin.gif
however, a new bit may be in order!

Until next time

Vxx

Weezy

Visit site
Woo Hooo Vix everything sounds as tho it is coming on VERY well
grin.gif
Am I right in thinking your event at Smiths is on Tues? If so then IF car is behaving I am going to pop down and cheer you on!

BTW when I see you would you like me to bring my German Hackamore for you to try on Connie? Also got my Myler Combi long shank you could try? Quite a few people with strong horses are combining GH with a bit (Ben Meyer does this) and it could help?

dieseldog

Visit site
1.15! go Show jumping!!! Weezy's getting you all gadgeted up so you wont look out of place, because SJers can't ride unless their horse is wearing 3 KG of metal in its mouth
tongue.gif

BBs

Visit site
NOOOOO I MUST RESIST!!!

Im an eventer! not a SJer
grin.gif
but I quite like it
grin.gif

I must get some of those rubber guards to go round my spurs! oh and Richard doesnt wear a hat for SJing just sunglasses! is that the new thing
crazy.gif

HEHE, I helped Richard with his fences while he was jumping Iron - OMG that horse is seriously smart! and can jump out out of a nothing canter! made my fences look miniscule in comparison!

Well Connie is in a universal with extra lip strap for jumping normally - will speak to j once she is more than walking and trotting.

PMSL, louise your hat will be over my eyes! will have to pad it out
wink.gif

Weezy

Visit site
*whispers* I actually cant find my GPA
crazy.gif
So I wont force it on your head LOL!

Well then you can tell Richard has been abroad - sunnies are de rigeur over there - hats are for the ring only! (pssst see my avatar lol!) What is Iron's reg'd name? I love a horse that pings out of nothing and sod the size of the fence Vix - 1-15ms and onwards for you - you and Winston could be aiming at the Fox finals before long (I noted in HH that Huszar is doing just that!)

dieseldog

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying she's got a big head?????

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying she's got a big head?????

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!!!
tongue.gif