Prepare to be Impressed - 'Traffic Proof' or What!

JAK

Visit site
Fetched ponies in the other night quite late, about 9.30pm, so already dark! Path to field is pitch black, although the yard is lit obviously!
Girls have just got CB & LBO out of field when I hear bl**dy tractor coming through the yard (been fetching hay all day & has returned to collect trailer)!
Wave at tractor & run to warn girls!!

Shout at littlest daughter to 'go back', as she is near field gate & tell MD to back CB into a stall, just as tractor comes round corner, all lights blazing!
CB looks faintly startled but holds his ground & I abandon MD to her fate & run to help littlest daughter - no need - LBO is stood stock still, blinking crossly & demanding to 'go to bed'!
Both pass without incident & as tractor is hitching up trailer, Fat Orange One appears out of the darkness, gives a couple of snorts for 'show' & walks quietly by!

And this is not a small tractor - it's bll**dy huge & with all the lights & the noise in the darkness, it's pretty bloomin' terrifying actually!
Thank god for sensible ponies!
smile.gif

Nic

Visit site
I have a pony like that. He snorts at the tractor to warn it that it is in his way then marches past to show it who's boss!

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
hehe, i swear my horse would go up to a tractor and lick it if i asked him to- he literally takes no notice of tractors, motorbikes, tractors with huge trailers on the back, even those big industrial lorries- he actually doesnt batter an eyelid at all! but then he gets scared of someones driveway, just because it is a funny shade of grey...!

tamsinkb

Visit site
Glad to hear your ponies behaved - potentially a not very nice experience!! My horse and I became the 'filling' in a tractor sandwich last week - one coming up path behind us with a trailer, the other coming down path also with a trailer - there wasn't even enough room for them to pass each other. I thought Bert would have a heart attack but he just walked past the one in front of us, then stood to the side to let the other one past. I was very impressed - however I wasn't so impressed when he has a hissy fit at a car on the road the next day!! Contrary horse or what!

JAK

Visit site
Yep, that's LBO & FOO!

Monster tractors coming at them out of the pitch black with all their lights on are fine but LBO does a good impression of a Harrier jump jet at the sight of a humble twig & FOO leaps out of his skin if confronted by a carrier bag!
crazy.gif

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I have a pony like that. He snorts at the tractor to warn it that it is in his way then marches past to show it who's boss!

[/ QUOTE ]
Bless him! Definitely sounds like Fat Orange One! LOL

Poor old CB just stood there with his head bobbing up & down frantically & then said "Oh, OK, I'm fine then!" & marched off, trying to look 'brave'!