preparing for a photoshoot

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I got some very exciting news the other day! I've been asked if Ernie could have his photo taken to be in a book about endangered native breeds (he's a Suffolk)

He loves having his picture taken so I'm looking forward to it. As a thank you, I get a free picture session too. TBH, not as excited about this because I don't like seeing pictures of me but thought it was silly to miss out on the opportunity. The yard I'm on has fabulous off road hacking with bluebell filled woods (they will be in a month when the bluebells flower).

Does anyone have any advice to help me prepare? Ernie is unclipped, not rugged (unless it gets very cold overnight), stabled overnight, looking very well and losing his winter coat. He gets the expected amount of 'dirty' overnight but, being chesnut, i can get away with only bathing him when I have to (couple of times a year). I was planning on a bath a couple of days before the pictures. I want him to look his best.

lamlyn2012

Visit site
I bathed the day before and did a good groom on the day. Clean tack and wear something smart which compliments the horses coat colour. You may have to stand and square up at halt and make a few minor adjustments so you'll both need a bit of patience. Do any trimming about a week before. Pray for a warm day and enjoy!