Present ideas for my amazing instructor?

Julia0803

Visit site
Wondering if anyone had any good ideas for a really nice present for our instructor? Budget up to £100. She is amazing and has helped us so much over the past year, and has gone above and beyond for us so I would really like to get her something really nice.

Obviously she works with horses and is therefore outdoors a lot, so needs to be warm/dry/comfortable. She dresses well/always looks smart. She does BE with her horse and some BD too.

I was thinking some super nice winter breeches but I’m not 100% sure on size/fit/personal preference and I think most would be significantly over budget (which would be ok if I was certain they were what wanted/exactly to her taste but it’s an expensive gamble if not) She has quite a collection of nice pads etc but not really into full on matchy matchy. (It’s a running joke that when she turns up to dressage camp etc she’s the odd one out not being colour coordinated!)

I asked her mum to make subtle enquiries for me but she didn’t come back with much, suggested some really nice socks! 😂

Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thank you

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Wondering if anyone had any good ideas for a really nice present for our instructor? Budget up to £100. She is amazing and has helped us so much over the past year, and has gone above and beyond for us so I would really like to get her something really nice.

Obviously she works with horses and is therefore outdoors a lot, so needs to be warm/dry/comfortable. She dresses well/always looks smart. She does BE with her horse and some BD too.

I was thinking some super nice winter breeches but I’m not 100% sure on size/fit/personal preference and I think most would be significantly over budget (which would be ok if I was certain they were what wanted/exactly to her taste but it’s an expensive gamble if not) She has quite a collection of nice pads etc but not really into full on matchy matchy. (It’s a running joke that when she turns up to dressage camp etc she’s the odd one out not being colour coordinated!)

I asked her mum to make subtle enquiries for me but she didn’t come back with much, suggested some really nice socks! 😂

Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thank you
You could treat her to massage or spa day

Denbob

Visit site
My instructor is getting a bottle of gin to drink away the stress of dealing with me and beastie!

Seriously though I second a nice warm base layer (mine is from mountain warehouse and is amazing) and maybe some underhat earwarmers and a headband.

TPO

Visit site
A watch or piece of jewellery (Hi ho silver? )
Voucher for a photo shoot with her horse
Meal vouchers for nice restaurant
A nice stock and stock pin
Framed picture from one of her events
A BE year planner for 2019
Lots of warm socks
Nice hat/glove/scarf set
Pamper set
Alcohol!

daffy44

Visit site
Firstly, you are so lovely! I'm sure your instructor really appreciates you.

I am a non matchy, always cold trainer, so anything warm is always appreciated, nice scarf, gloves etc are great, as is a gift voucher, because there is almost always something you want/need, alcohol and or chocolates are always appreciated too.

But the thought is the best thing.

Annagain

Visit site
I would go for something non horsey - she probably already has lots of base layers, gloves, hats, scarves etc. I think I'd go for a voucher for a spa day so she can choose when to go and which treatments to have. I've never known anyone to be unhappy with a spa day.

Julia0803

Visit site
Thank you all. Trust me, she’s super awesome as a teacher but also she’s kind and generous with her time and advice to anyone who asks for it.

Loads of super ideas. 😊

Off to have a google of the suggestions and run a spa day/vouchers idea via her mum (our yard owner) to see if she thinks she’d like it.

Thank you all!

Reactions: TPO

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
As someone in a similar position (I drew the top instructor in the yard secret santa) I'm considering a Contigo thermal mug which keeps my hot drinks warm for hours...is this a good idea?

Reactions: TPO

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
As someone in a similar position (I drew the top instructor in the yard secret santa) I'm considering a Contigo thermal mug which keeps my hot drinks warm for hours...is this a good idea?
yes, ive got one and took it when i was writing for a dressage judge for 4 1/2 hours non stop. it was really easy to have a quick slurp while writing.and it stayed hot till the end.