Prestwold Hall Competition Report &few pics of other competitors

becca1305

Visit site
This weekend saw us popping down the road to the newly reestablished BE at Prestwold. I'm not entirely sure the novelty of having an event a 5 minute drive/ short hack away will ever wear off as it was FAB not having the usual long drive there and back for a tired jockey! :D

Typically I promptly spoiled what was set to be a lovely leisurely weekend by completely mucking up and falling off on Friday spraining my ankle in the process. This left me unable to ride my other one or go to walk the course Friday evening. Saturday morning saw me limping determinedly round the XC course before finally admitting defeat and doing a last minute rider swap on big mare in the BE100 (massive thank you given to the absolutely lovely secretary who spent ages poring over sheets of times to find times that worked for the replacement multiple horse rider, and moving another of her rides to the Sunday to make it possible).

After rushing home, hoiking big mare out the field and hurriedly brushing, plaiting and tacking (supposedly leisurely day out the window by this point!:p) we rushed her back and threw new jockey up on time to warm up for Dressage. She had a fab day lying in 4th after the Dressage, but then had an unfortunate pole in the jumping at a fence that she just seemed to misread, and flew round the XC course for a clear just inside the optimum managing to claim 5th place.

Sunday morning saw me dressage writing for a BE100 class which was really interesting and gave me such a good insight into a judge's perspective. However the one slight downfall to watching a lot of competitors perform a test showed itself in the afternoon when I (complete with massively strapped up ankle) proceeded to navigate little mare round the BE 90 Dressage by performing the BE100 canter movement - oops! I explained and apologised to the judge and set off on the correct canter movement and managed to resist exchanging any other parts of my test for the BE100 one!

Showjumping was one of our better rounds, she warmed up beautifully so I kept it short and sweet and went in. She gave me a lovely and for the most part super rideable round, and despite an unfortunate 4 faults where she dropped a hind leg over an oxer and rubbed the rail I was more pleased with our round than some of the (less deserved) clears we've had as she listened so well to me :D. XC as usual she zoomed round with me getting her a little wrong to a couple and her just getting on with it bless her. We came home one of the fastest times of the day so I will have to try and keep an eye on making sure she doesn't get too fast and gain penalty points at 90 level.

All in all despite a puffy ankle it turned out to be a good weekend with both big & little mare in the rosettes :D and we will definitely be entering Prestwold again next year :). Pro pics aren't up online yet, but I bought a lovely one of her up the steps which she absolutely bounded up! I hope everyone else who went had a lovely day, and look forward to possibly reading some reports? :).

Pictures of others as promised below. On Saturday I hobbled around the XC trying to get a couple of pics of big mare but typically the camera went to sleep just as she came to the jumps! However I have a few pics of other people that I used to try and get my eye in ready. I am definitely not a photographer, and they aren't very good but if they are of anyone on here/ their friends then they are very welcome to them!

[URL=http://s1210.photobucket.com/user/becca1305/media/f4351a5a-0b77-48c2-bb61-d9f6dd5a6b82_zpsd7d2c0ab.jpg.html[IMG]http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc402/becca1305/d5bd05bf-6a8a-4fed-883c-864d7802c17d_zpsf53724fa.jpg[/IMG]

f4351a5a-0b77-48c2-bb61-d9f6dd5a6b82_zpsd7d2c0ab.jpg
[/URL]

for some reason images ^^ are showing as links?

Last edited: