Prestwold Intro - Very chunky or me losing the plot...?!

allbnl

Visit site
whats the ground like, the usual mudbath? Prob wont go now as not sure of ground, as practicing today, a tree fell by my horse, bolted away from noice (don't blame him) and think he's twicked a muscle, vet says up to me what i do? Is the ground worth leaving at 4am to go, or shall i wait till Draycott on Sunday?
organisers say still going ahead at the mo!

Jemayni

Visit site
It was my first intro last year & I thought it was perfect, If they havent changed it, it was just lots of big inviting hedges! Suited my Irish bog-trotter down to the ground anyway!

HairyHatMan

Visit site
Well we've just done the intro and didn't get over the 2nd fence (or anywhere near it for that matter)
blush.gif
. She saw people walking on the other side and it spooked her out totally so that was that. Had to (dis)gracefully retire.
mad.gif

Mind you wasn't looking forward to the corner at no5 either.

monica987

Visit site
oh HHM, that is such a pain and so unlike her (corect me if I am wrong
blush.gif
) She flew roud MM like a pro so must have been something bothering her - silly poeple!

HairyHatMan

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
oh HHM, that is such a pain and so unlike her (corect me if I am wrong
blush.gif
) She flew roud MM like a pro so must have been something bothering her - silly poeple!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're right it's not like her at all. She was majorly spooked by something the other side, and that was that. Had to give up.

Trouble is (and it may be a mare thing) if they get something in their heads you can't for love nor money change their minds and she was not going to go near whatever it was no matter what I did. Very embarrassing, esp with our first PN next weekend......!

Took her for a blast afterward outside the competition (it's on an old airfield) away from any signs of life and she was quite happy then. Chalk it down to experience (even more of a bugger as she was clear SJ and behaved in the dressage!)

maestro

www.westonstud.co.uk
We had a silly stop at the corner, horse never stopped with daughter before but slammed the brakes on at the molichop bags on the top. Frustrating but part of the learning curve. We wondered if beefed up for PNRF and IRF.

HairyHatMan

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh - you would have won!!
grin.gif
Where is your PN?
x

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, the dressage wasn't that good (36.8) but still an improvement on 47 odd!

We're doing Drayott next Sunday......

icestationzebra

Visit site
Agree the intro is beefy - and to be honest a little bit weighted towards the first half of the course - once the double of brushes are out of the way at 7 I think it gets kinder......
The ground is really good - they have aerovated the whole track not just take off and landings.

KatB

Visit site
The ground is good, both the courses were decent, but IMHO very fair and rode beautifully
grin.gif
More rider frighteners I think...thoughh the corner caused alot of probs
smile.gif

meardsall_millie

Visit site
Agree with all comments - ground was good but heavy rain forecast for tonight & tomorrow! It was really windy today and loads of horses were being spooked. I saw loads have stops at numb 2 and the corner at numb 5 (including several 4* eventers on youngsters). Def some changes from last year - and it was an IRF & PNRF then wasn't it?

HairyHatMan

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Agree with all comments - ground was good but heavy rain forecast for tonight & tomorrow! It was really windy today and loads of horses were being spooked. I saw loads have stops at numb 2 and the corner at numb 5 (including several 4* eventers on youngsters). Def some changes from last year - and it was an IRF & PNRF then wasn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad it wasn't just me then, and if the pros were having problems I don't feel half so bad
blush.gif

Vix1978

Visit site
I was 2 to go after you - saw you were having problems
crazy.gif

No. 2 was causing loads of problems. I had a stop at it
mad.gif

Again he was spooked by something = wasn't sure whether it was the trees billowing over the fence in the force 10 gale
smirk.gif

I agree - the first half was quite meaty and then it rode nicer after that