Price of an ex-racer... any thoughts?

HeatherAda

Visit site
What do you think?

He's 5 years old and stopped racing because he was too slow. Didn't win anything.

15.3 TB gelding and very mature for his age. Jumped whilst racing but up until yesterday hadn't seen SJ poles. Bravely gave a very small jump a go but needs work. He needs work and time in his schooling but is a very sweet type and seems very safe - especially out on hacks. Hacked out and not fazed by traffic - tractors, bikes etc.

From his behaviour I can't believe he is only 5. Just wondering what price people think he would be? These are all the details I have so sorry if it's not enough.

Thanks.

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
somewhere between £1.5k and £3k - depending on his physical development, conformation and movement.

i think that being a sane hack certainly has an intrinsic value!!

He sounds lovely at any rate.

kipling

New User
Visit site
My friend sells ex-racers for part of her living and she asked £2500 recently for a really lovely lad and had her hand snapped off. He had all the potential in the world to event I think his potential is worth thinking about in regard to price.

HeatherAda

Visit site
thanks for the replies... really interesting. he's got bags and bags of potential so he could well have been a bargain.

I have the chance to have him on part loan (lion share of his time with me). Don't think I can pass him by. Will get some pics sorted shortly.

hayleymitch

Visit site
Look up his name on racing post you can have a look then if he has been hammered when he was racing or not i would say on a guide line if he has raced less than 8 times he hasnt obviously been hammered and i would pay prob about 1000 for him to 1200 if he has raced more than 8- 10 times i would say 800-900
It does all depend on him confirmation and whether he has had any injurys racing either though.
Might be completely wrong but thats my quess
Yes they do tend to be really good on the roads because they are used to going out in traffic from a very early age.
Good luck

HeatherAda

Visit site
ok so had a look and this is what it says... it seems he does have 1 win under his belt. although admittedly the rest doesn't mean much to me.

Flat turf: 8 Starts - 1 x 3rd place.
All weather: 16 Starts - 1 x 1st, 1 x 2nd, 2 x 3rd.
Hurdle: 1 Start.

Total: 25 Starts. Total prize money £3,905 (so I was wrong about him not having won anything.)

thanks for the tip big_bud.

hayleymitch

Visit site
No probs hun seems like he didnd do to bad he does seem to have had quite a lot of races for a 5 yr old, but that doesnt mean too much he still only young hopefully u will be able to have any long and happy years together.
I would just double check though that he isnt being retired from racing though due to a injury either now or in the past as it doesnt seem to be that bad of a race horse and got not too bad form.
PM me if u need any advise with him i recently sold on a 4 yr old Tb that had come out of racing cause he was too slow after i had schooled him.
He is show jumping now with a 13 yr old which i am really made up about