Price of coloured horses :O

Frazer

Visit site
Just been browsing trough horsequest and horsemart, and am shocked about how much some people/breeders and dealers included are asking for coloured horses. I know horse prices are stupidly high at the moment, but you seem to add an extra 1k on a horse if its coloured!! And coloured cobs, well im shocked about how much they are also going for(Not complaining of course, got one comfotable tucked up my sleeve) Anyone else noticed this? Or am I getting this all wrong.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Banking on being able to sell Amy's coloured baby for huge amounts if I don't like it!!
laugh.gif

Chex

Visit site
They do seem to be going for quite a lot these days. When I got my coloured 8 years ago, it was certainly not very popular to have one!

Frazer

Visit site
I was also fuzzled by that post!!! Now all becomes clear, yeah coloureds seem to have taken off this decade... Wonder what will be the next fashionable colour!! Palamino, Appolossa, PINK

Theresa_F

Visit site
Trying to get a good well bred gypsy cob mare for under £5,000 is becoming near impossible.

Anything good can be sold to the US/NZ and Australia for huge amounts.

Good for my friend who ships and deals in them, not so good for those trying to buy one on a budget.

I paid £1,800 for Chancer as a yearling, and he was a bargain - was on the market for £2,500 but I did the owner a few IT good deeds on her database and website and got a reduction.

My friend just bought a 6 month old filly for £7,500, a 2 year old filly for £9,500 and just turned down £25,000 for one of her yearling colts - they are of excellent lines and have a huge amount of hair. Good stallions can go for £100,000 plus
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

evsj

Visit site
If I don't find a nice grey for my next horse, I want a coloured too.... Am suprised to hear that export prices to NZ/Aus are so high. I have found a website for NZ horses and there are loads of coloureds for sale for a few hundred pounds.
Suppose it depends on the lines but have seen some lovely looking TBx...hoping these prices remain when I get over there!

nomini

Visit site
The yard I bought Jiggy from are charging 5-6k for the coloured cobs that they sell! 4 years ago I paid considerably less and they were fairly rare, now they are really popular and everyone seems to have coloureds! They are the best tho (apart from my lovely bay mare!)

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Well I have brought 2 coloureds in the last year and I wonder if you would think I paid too much for them?????

I love my coloureds and always have!

Frazer

Visit site
I think I know roughly how much you paid JoElla and was so suprised when I saw the price. Coloured Cobs obviously = $$$big bucks!! You don't seem to see many coloureds at top level competing though do you?

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Yes but you see many a happy face riding a coloured cob! Mine are worth every penny to me!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

P.S. I didn’t pay the advertised price, that’s what haggling is for, he, he!

Frazer

Visit site
Yes!! And they look lovely in your siggie!! How is your new youngen coming along?
Funny, you can go onto "colouredcontacts" and pick up coloured foals for around the 1k mark, break them and if your lucky to have a good tempered one they shoot up to 3-4k!!!! Defently some money to be made there, if anyone has the cash

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Oh Bodey is doing really well thanks. He has already been sat on and led around. He is still a little nervous but hasn’t done anything naughty at all. I think he will definitely take longer then Blacks (he is definitely more forward going) but he is only 3.5 so we have all the time in the world.
He is coming home on Saturday, yeah I'm so excited!

Cantata007

New User
Visit site
five years ago I paid £200 for a 7 month old red and white cob that was thethered. His owner couldn't get near him. I basicly paid him to take him of his hands.

He is AMAZING, beautiful markings, sweet natured, honest as the day is long and not a confirmation fault anywhere - says a lot for the "gypsy" breeding programmes!

I'm Happy now!