price of hunters

kezimac

Visit site
this isnt a how much is my horse thread! however - a friend of mine needs to sell her horse and she has seen hounds and was very good, just wondering what sort of prices would a hunter type go for?

17.1hh rising 8 yrs IDxTB green in the school so hacking/fun rides/hunting type horse really - just a ball parkish figure would help

cheers :)

meesha

Visit site
I am no expert but it would depend on whether the horse has "seen hounds" or is actually a good hunter - has hunted for a season or more - jumps hedges/ditches/timber, stands still at meets, happy to leave the rest of the field on its own and good if at front or back or right in middle of field !

I am new to hunting but all these things are what I would look for if I had to find another hunter - if priced as a hunter I would also expect to be able to try it out for a days hunting

kezimac

Visit site
think she has been cubbing - not yet fully hunted.

think owner wanting £2-3k and wasnt sure if realistic price

meesha

Visit site
hard to say, if cubbing quite a few times and good in all ways then I would have thought worth it. Are you thinking of buying ? - at this time of year I would expect a bargain unless being sold specifically as a hunter !

Orangehorse

Visit site
I was astonished to see some of the prices for hunters in the last H&H. £10,000. There was also quite a nice sounding point to pointer for half that - a better buy maybe!

kezimac

Visit site
no just helping her to put a realistic price on it - wasnt sure if she asking too much as I have no clue about hunter prices as mainly do dressage - horse isnt a dressage horse and more of hacking/fun ride type horse and we are both finding it hard to price her!
She putting her on HHO website to sell.

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
this isnt a how much is my horse thread! however - a friend of mine needs to sell her horse and she has seen hounds and was very good, just wondering what sort of prices would a hunter type go for?

17.1hh rising 8 yrs IDxTB green in the school so hacking/fun rides/hunting type horse really - just a ball parkish figure would help

cheers :)

Has she thrown to the ID side - or the TB - i.e. will she carry weight? There is always a shortage of big, up-to-weight hunters - particularly reasonably fit, ready-to-go ones with a bit of substance. If I was your friend, I'd get her out hunting in the next week or two - at least 2-3 times, She could be worth a lot more!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
A 'made' hunter can go for five figures easily.

However, this horse has only seen hounds, so couldn't be classed as a hunter, imo.

Goldenstar

Visit site
A made hunter that suits you and the country you hunt is truely beyond price thats they are so hard to price and find.