Prince Phillip Cup

Claireg9

Visit site
Does anyone on here par take in it? Or have yaken part over the years?
Or maybe does Mounted games instead?
Just wondered as i've never heard it mentioned on here before but i remember how much fun i had doing it when i was sixteen! Wish i could still do it, the rush of vaulting on at full gallop and not letting your team down, so much fun. Also the times we spent weekends away, it was a real bonding experience.
So any of you out there that want to reminise (SP)?
I used to ride for Bedfordshire South and we qualified through the Areas, Zones and went to Western Park, to narrowly miss out on a place at Wembley.
And are there any Mums thinking of getting a whizzy pony for there kids to do it on?
Just thought it would be interesting,
Claire x

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
i did it for a while, for the North Staffs, and boy we were rubbish, i think the fact my pony (who i also did Horse trials/sj/hunting/dressage & polocross on) found the whole thing terrifying didn't help, my sister had a good pony, but it had no brakes and occasionally failed to turn at the end, meaning she would crash into what ever was in the way!!

RunToEarth

Visit site
I rode with the rockwood games team until I was about 12ish, when I grew out of my games pony I could never really replace her, after her speed,height and agility, not to mention whitty character and a bloody good mind for games, I never got on with Rio, he wasnt half the shilling she was, I stopped having the competative edge knowing I wouldnt be as good without her,and games became no longer. After all, you are only as good as the pony you are sat on, right?

Claireg9

Visit site
yeah there is an element of that, i also rode a pony that did other stuff too, she was a bsja jumper but i did dressage, XC everything on her really, she was a real gem, as fast as a lepoard and could turn on a sixpence, unfortunately she was as strong as an ox too, but as she had the brains, she learnt the job very quickly, the problem of stopping only came when i messed up and had to stop to go back!
So the rider had to be pretty good too, the right combination is imperative!
I loved that pony so much, wish she could of lived forever
frown.gif