Problems on the right rein

polopony

Visit site
I have had my Thoroughbred X for almost six months now and have started exercising him more regularly (three or four times a week) due to having more time. All I do with him is hack, but in a bid to work him more I have taped a large section of his field off to school him in. Not used to being schooled he threw in some spooks and tantrums but after awhile he softened and began trotting in a lovely outline on the left rein. When I put in a change of rein he became nappy and I thought that after a few laps of the school he would settle down like he did on the left. Unfortunately that was not the case and he began napping alot more, throwing in some bucks, stops and attempts to go in to the canter. Despite persevering he still was not happy, until I changed back on to the left rein.
My question to you is does this sound pain related and should I have a physio out, or is it something I should work through?

I know that you cannot know this without seeing the horse, but any useful advice or constructive comments would be very much appreciated :)