Probs with horsey friend

tarzipan06

Visit site
Hya
Sorry to bleat on but I would like some tactful advise (as opposed to OH's not too diplomatic.
confused.gif
)
My friend is going to rent the field I used to rent, she is behaving quite demanding wanting the field from the owners for next to nothing, (I had an arrangment as they were friends of mine and I taught their kids how to ride) and thinking that she has automatic right to my electric fencing. I was planning on selling my fencing on e-bay, as when I moved in I spent over 300 squid setting up. I said she could borrow it ... but I do really want it back.
She has also been hassling the livery owners of my yard (over the road) to buy her feed, bedding etc from then and use their facilities - they are not amused. I am a little embarrassed by her behaviour - I have previously got on really well (although she is a little on the pushy side) - this is her first time as an owner so I expect she is really excited. How can I tactfully put it to her that I do what the fencing back without being rude?
confused.gif
Am I making a fuss, and should I just let her have it.

Rambo

Visit site
I'd tell her the fencing is sold and that it's coming down on [choose a date], so she needs to make her own arrangements before then
mad.gif

Taz975

Visit site
Why dont you remind her that you said she could borrow it but then suggest the pair of you go shopping together and you'll help her to buy her own and tell her you'll spare some time to help her fix it up?

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Quite simple re the fencing.

Tell her that you will be picking the fencing up (for example) next saturday morning. That will give her plenty of time to get some more.

Agricultural merchants are open in most areas now 7 days a week so she'll have no probs.

sally2008

Visit site
I'd be straight with her about the fencing and tell her that whilst you've been very happy for her to have the use of it on a loan basis you are now in a position where you want to sell it, say at the end of the month and how much money you are looking for. That would give her the option to buy it from you or time to organise a replacement. Just because you feel pressurised to do so, I don't see any reason why you should just give it to her.

IMHO you shouldn't feel embarrassed about her behaviour toward the owners of your livery yard - after all you might be friendly with her but you are not responsible for her actions.

Tempi

Visit site
OMG you are FAR too nice 9cheese!!!

tell her its coming down on saturday as you are selling it on ebay - you did afterall say to her that she could BORROW not HAVE it!

If she wants to make you a reasonable offer on it then fine - but otherwise its her problem not yours if she has no fencing. Dont let her bully you!

not_with_it

Visit site
Its YOUR fencing and if you want it back then take it!

Tell her you need the money, that way she can buy it off you or you can sell it to someone else. Its her decision.

Dont feel bad for her behaviour, she is her own person and no-one will judge you for how she bahaves.