Professional rug washers shrinking rugs...

Stasha22

Visit site
I sent about 10 rugs to be washed via my local tack shop. 2 of the rugs have been shrunk.

Who would you hold responsible? The rug washing company or the shop that I sent them through?

Am debating speaking to them about it as they were only a year old and good rugs (Horseware under rug & a Horseware Rhino stable rug with hood), but don't know if I should go straight to the washing company or my tack shop.

Have cost me £45 and £85 respectively to replace so am a bit miffed!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
As to who you see first it's debatable. One of our saddlerys takes the rugs in just to help people out, he just holds onto them as a central point for the rug cleaner to pick up from. He does not charge anything for this, the contract is between the rug washer & the rug owner.

If however the saddlers puts his bit of profit on the top of the actual rug washer's fee then your contract is between you & the saddler as he is providing the service to you. In this case you would speak to the saddlery about it. Any dispute between the saddlery & washer is theirs to work out, don't get involved in the buck passing.

If the saddlery tries to fob you off saying it's nothing to do with themthen they are wrong. If you buy a washing machine from Currys & it doesn't work you return it to Currys for a refund....not Hotpoint.
smile.gif

emmajanerushton

community.webshots.com
im not happy prfessional rugwashers have UNWATERPROOFED my rugs after washing and supposidly proofing, tried to tell me was cos my rug was old !!! and sell me a new one .... what the dont know is that yes the rug is a 2/3 y o style but fairly new as was bought off ebay still in wrapper after being stored away !!! and not used, fuming to say least offered to do it again but thats no good when pony needed to be wearing it, i proof my own from now on !