Progress

On the Hoof

Visit site
I'm very happy ! I've only been riding for a a few years and had my mare for 18months. Today I had a brilliant lesson, instructor helping me to work her from behind. Result after half hour lesson was very sweaty me and mare....pony very resistant but with a lot of work we managed some short sessions of working from behind and real softening ..no nose pointing!!! Never worked so hard in my life LOL! My legs ached like nothing on earth (note to self to go to gym more often) and horse looked very relieved when we came to cool down! I forgot what I was supposed to be doing half the time..it was similar to learning to drive (car) all over again...but I guess at least I'm now at stage of conscious incompetence- one better than unconscious incompetence! Onwards and upwards! Sorry if boring post just wanted to share..just very excited at this bit of progress for both of us.

agmp

Visit site
Congrats, its great how good something like this can feel.

Totally right, with riding sometimes I feel like I am in a car.. and I know how to drive.. but I have no idea what any of the buttons do!

Maybe need a hot bath.. legs might ache tomorrow ;)