Progressive Earth Pro-Hoof Balancer

Pikachu

Visit site
Does anyone use it and want some?

So after doing the sensible thing and getting a sample pack of the balancer and introducing slowly which he ate begrudgingly, I got an actual bag and he said no, despite all my best disguise it efforts so he’s back on the formula4feet.

It’s a 1.8kg which has only had a couple of scoops out of so if anyone wants it then let me know if not, it’ll go on muck heap. I did decant into a tub so will need to find something suitable to post it in.

GinaGeo

Visit site
If the alternative is it going on the muck heap I'll take it off your hands and pay the postage if there isn't somebody more local :)

Pikachu

Visit site
Im happy to post or it be collected as was just going to bin if no one wants it.

I’m pretty near Bedford itself (A1 side) but also about 10-15 miles from keysoe if going there anytime soon.

GinaGeo

Visit site
Not desperate - got 27kg of the stuff arriving tomorrow!

Pikachu - I'm Dun collecting it will be less hassle for you I'm sure :)

But thank you very much for offering it up :)

Last edited:

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
If it helps at all, I have found the answer is linseed. I feed all sorts in with mine - peppermint etc - which I thought would be the thing helping mask the taste. Have never had a problem with any of ours eating Pro Balance, and have fed it to a fair few over the years.
However, I ran out of linseed last week and for the few days the bowl was linseed-less, ours refused to eat breakfast. Linseed back, bowl licked clean.
Worth a try?

Pikachu

Visit site
If it helps at all, I have found the answer is linseed. I feed all sorts in with mine - peppermint etc - which I thought would be the thing helping mask the taste. Have never had a problem with any of ours eating Pro Balance, and have fed it to a fair few over the years.
However, I ran out of linseed last week and for the few days the bowl was linseed-less, ours refused to eat breakfast. Linseed back, bowl licked clean.
Worth a try?

Thanks for suggestion. I was mixing in his speedy mash but I’m a bit reluctant to try again as I think the messing about caused some stomach/gut unbalance as his ridden behaviour deteriorated too. Grabbed a tug of gut stuff from vets that he had before and after a week he was back to normal so not sure I want to chance it. Plus I have a 20kg sack of F4F to use first ?