Prolite girth’s

MoonlitArcher

Visit site
Before I fork out the cash, are they worth it? My saddle fitter suggested I get a wider, better shaped girth for my boy who has a forward girth groove. I’ve looked at prolite and easytrek, only difference I can really see is that easytrek is elasticated, which I always would have thought would be better?

Prolite girth’s always seem to be such a popular choice but just wanted some feedback. Its the top need of my price range but happy to pay if it really is a comfort for my horse. Thanks!

whirlwind

Visit site
I found it’s massively helped with saddle security and stopped it riding up his shoulders but does rub my (admittedly very sensitive!) horse without a sheepskin cover. Absolutely fine with it though

Lammy

Visit site
I have just borrowed a friends to try for a week or two for my boy who also has a forward girth grove. I like it and will be getting one on payday. I can’t say it’s a made a massive, miracle improvement but I do think he’s freer in his movement.
He’s currently in a 44” elastic girth but I’ll be buying a 48” in the prolite, he fits in my friends 46” but there’s not a lot of spare room.

Fjord

Visit site
I always needed a fleece cover on girths as they rubbed my girl. Haven't needed one with the Prolite and haven't had any rubs. Easy to clean (just don't leave it sweaty as they warn it will crack), I love mine.

HobleytheTB

Visit site
I've had mine for over 2 years now and really pleased with it! No wear and tear at all, and it's used 5 days a week. I much prefer it to the Fairfax as it's sooo much lighter in weight.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
On paper we should have been a perfect candidate re. girth groove position but he still pulled it forwards a bit and the pressure wasn't even, it would gap at the sides while being tight on the sternum.

Better with a harry dabbs waffle version or pro choice ventech - I put the latter off for years having had it suggested on here because it wasn't shaped.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
works well for mine. i had a fairfax standard one before but next horses have needed narrow gauge and like others, I prefer the prolite version too. just give it a good scrub when it gets grotty to avoid it going hard.

Goldenstar

Visit site
There are pros and cons to the Fairfax and prolites
I have several they have lasted well despite being used twice a week for hunting the older most used is looking a scruffy now but it’s had a hard hard life .
They do take a long to to dry that’s a down side that’s a nuisance .

holeymoley

Visit site
Interested to hear too as I was thinking of buying one. Mine is pretty standard, he doesn’t have any issues but I’d like extra comfort for him.

Do they come up smaller than other girths? I have tried one and I thought it would be too big but I think I would actually go for another size up!

Griffin

Visit site
I have a Prolite and it is excellent but does rub in the summer when she has a thinner coat. This year, I am going to try in with a fleece cover.

HM, I think I bought a size up but not quite sure without checking. I will try to check tomorrow.

Ranyhyn

Visit site
I’ve been using one for the last two months and I’ve been pleased so far. Very thinned skinned mare (she rubs from the rings on a grackle!) and all good so far. Can’t report on how it makes her go as it’s been a long time since I last rode her but I’m happy enough with it.