Prolite pads...

_jetset_

Visit site
Grace has changed shape so much and has lost lots of weight since I first had her saddle fitted... my instructor noticed that it was sitting quite low over her withers as she has lost the puppy fat around this area, but thinks that once she muscles up her saddle should fit properly once more.

She has recommended that I buy a Prolite pad to lift the front for the time being...

Just wondering whether anyone else uses one for this, and if so whether they feel it has worked for them?

Thanks,

Rebecca x x x

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
I've been using one (front riser pad) for my new boy as the Albion was sitting too low over his withers. It worked for that purpose however it makes it sit down too much at the back, under the cantle area
frown.gif

I've been borrowing my instructor's Heather Moffatt Fhoenix saddle for my lessons and the change in his way of going is amazing, so I've got one ordered and the Albion (and front riser pad!) will be going on ebay after Christmas.

Glad to see you're making such good progress with Grace - you should be very proud of yourself
smile.gif

monica987

Visit site
i know someone at the yard has had the same sort of situation and they are doing the same thing until the fitter comes out - i dont know whether they work or not though, sorry

fizzer

Visit site
you can buy a prolite wither pad, i have used b4 and is very useful, it means you can lift it just where you need

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
Don't buy a wither pad - buy a prolite wide relief pad With the wither pad you lift just the front which as Gedenskis girl said caused the saddle to drop at the back. The wide relieve pad basically lifts the saddle the whole way along the back and allows the horse to build up right the way through the back It mimicks the shape of the horse but allows the muscles to move and grow without restricting them

Skhosu

Visit site
I have a prolite hi wither numnah thingy ma jobba (not sure of its name) as my boys saddle was pressing on his withers, if you want it, would be happy to give it to you cheapish?

TequilaMist

Visit site
Have used both full pad and wither pad.Must admit much prefered the full pad with raised front to wither pad just sat better and didn't feel comfortable using wither pad personally

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I've used a prolite pad in the past but now I've got Bates saddles & just change the gullet if I need to. So far this year my lad hasn't lost any condition so the saddle remains the same fitting. If he does it normally happens around mid February.
smile.gif

Sparklet

Visit site
Glad you said that because I was just about to say the same.

Prolite do an ordinary sized pad and a wide version (their pads with saddlecloths/numnahs have the same amount of prolite as the wide version). I would advise going for the wide or numnah/saddle cloth too because you get more prolite under the panels spreading the weight further.