Promoting tail to grow :/

circuit dancer

Visit site
Bought beautiful spotted applaloosa a few months ago and love him. Although. When I went to see him. He has a foal tail. He's 8. They had to yearlings and 2 year olds with the older ones and they ate his tail :/. Now looks like a mule lol

Any thing to feed them to help it grow?

dollymix

Visit site
from my experience, many appaloosas have poor tails :(
Try not to brush it AT ALL - use your fingers to carefully loosen any tangles.

0310Star

Visit site
My TB's tail is like this, when I cut it into a nice straight line when it has finally grown enough it ends up looking a fluffy mess in a few weeks and too short to cut again.

I decided at the beginnning of the winter just gone that the brushing was not contributing well to this. So I left her to be au natural all winter (no mane pulling, no tail brushing, no trimming at all) and all I did was once a week sprayed her tail with mane and tail conditioner and brished it maybe twice all winter!

It grew loads, and about 5 weeks ago she had a complete trim EVERYWHERE! it was nice to see such a transformation than normally my usually always well trimmed horse. her tail had grown loads and I was able to cut it to a nice all one length. Now I only ever brush it on a Saturday, and everytime she gets a groom I spray some mane and tail in it without brushing!

It has definitely helped and seems to still be looking great :)

circuit dancer

Visit site
I know there rubbish for manes too! :/

My other 2 have lovely full thick tails. But as his was chewed off it looks awful! Oh well wait till next year lol. It doesn't even go past his bum cheeks :0 Looks awful lol

hayley.t

Visit site
You could try a rebuilder, I have used megatek which was ok but I have heard really good reports of the supreme products one. I am going to try it next.