Property/legal question??

Spook

Visit site
Anyone on here know if an approved "core path" would show up in a "search" on a property done on behalf of a prospective piurchaser??

Dry Rot

Visit site
Anyone on here know if an approved "core path" would show up in a "search" on a property done on behalf of a prospective piurchaser??

I'd never heard the term before so loooked it up! The council are preparing plans of such and if making a puchase it is surely something a solicitor should pay attention to. I think I'd make a point of asking for it to specifically included in a search though.

Solicitors can be lazy/negligent and do need reminding of their responsibilities. There was doubt about the boundaries to my property when I bought 30 years ago. The solicitor said "tough". The Law Society of Scotland told me to go back to him and remind him what his job was. I did and he got it sorted!

Try this:

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Environment/Countryside/16328/5612/core-paths

Spook

Visit site
So far as I understand the "Core Paths" maps/ routes are available..... but not here for Aberdeenshire.... the City etc. are sorted.

Erm why??

Dry Rot

Visit site
You mean, why haven't they got it sorted? Because folk voted in the wrong councillors!:D

If they have some core paths agreed but haven't listed them yet, I would imagine an enquiry under the Freedom of Information Act would make them put their skates on....

My method is to jump up and down and shout and make a nuisance of myself which, after years of practice, I am quite good at!;) Best done face to face. The bureaucrat, as a breed, will always take the line of least resistance -- but sometimes you need to persist.