Property Search

Mari

Visit site
We shall be searching for an equestrian property so I’ve been keeping a look out. There’s just the two of us so we don’t want a big house (been there done that). Still got 3 horses so want a minimum of 4 acres but want to downsize living area. Everything I’ve seen is big! 4-7 bedrooms ! I’m beginning to think we should stay put in our own big house.

Follysmum

Visit site
Good luck with your search it’s a pretty ruthless dog eat dog out there at the moment. We sold and are in renting, found a nice house and waited and waited for our sellers to find somewhere, they kept us updated and ringing to say don’t worry we still looking then after 10 months have decided to stay put.
We now looking again ?

dixie

Visit site
Same here - we sold and are in rented (since January 21) - not even found anything good enough to put an offer in yet within price range and we've had to extend our budget by £150K :oops: We're in the South West, maybe its better up North?

Follysmum

Visit site
Same here - we sold and are in rented (since January 21) - not even found anything good enough to put an offer in yet within price range and we've had to extend our budget by £150K :oops: We're in the South West, maybe its better up North?

I think the equestrian market is pricey all over the UK, for now anyway.

palo1

Visit site
We shall be searching for an equestrian property so I’ve been keeping a look out. There’s just the two of us so we don’t want a big house (been there done that). Still got 3 horses so want a minimum of 4 acres but want to downsize living area. Everything I’ve seen is big! 4-7 bedrooms ! I’m beginning to think we should stay put in our own big house.

We've just sold (stc) our place which has 4.8 acres and 3 bedrooms :) Old and quirky but lovely and super hacking and walking. Not sure what your budget or area is but ours was not a 'daft' asking price so worth keeping on looking - ours had loads of interest so I guess you have to be quick off the mark.

roundel

New User
Visit site
There is an Equestrian property for sale in Forest Row, Sussex. The house is 2/3 bedrooms, 5 acres of land, 20 x 40 sand school, 3000 sq ft barn, direct access to the Ashdown Forest from the property. Can send a contact if anyone is interested. Alex.

Mari

Visit site
There is an Equestrian property for sale in Forest Row, Sussex. The house is 2/3 bedrooms, 5 acres of land, 20 x 40 sand school, 3000 sq ft barn, direct access to the Ashdown Forest from the property. Can send a contact if anyone is interested. Alex.
Please send a contact.

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site

I'm selling a little house with just over 3 acres. Not a silly price fantastic hacking etc but probably not enough acres for you and in midlands. We are desperately trying find something with 5 acres plus anywhere in England or North Wales/ Welsh boarders and struggling 😔 not a huge pool of houses to choose from I guess 😔

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
The biggest problem we are experiencing, apart from the lack of suitable properties despite us being quite flexible on a lot of things, is the extremely dodgy behaviour of practically all the local estate agents. It has been an alarming and eye opening experience so far.

Abacus

Visit site
Sorry to jump on this but something someone said to me today made me wonder. I have a house in a village (south Oxfordshire, expensive area) and a yard but not together - the yard is a 2-min drive or 10 min walk. Would equestrian people be interested in buying the two together even though they aren’t attached and if so would it lift the prices? I’m not necessarily selling (might have to if my mortgage goes through the roof 😂). It had just never occurred to me to sell that way.

Equally when buying, I would look again for a yard on its own if necessary and a house very nearby. I don’t find it any hassle to have them that far away.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Sorry to jump on this but something someone said to me today made me wonder. I have a house in a village (south Oxfordshire, expensive area) and a yard but not together - the yard is a 2-min drive or 10 min walk. Would equestrian people be interested in buying the two together even though they aren’t attached and if so would it lift the prices? I’m not necessarily selling (might have to if my mortgage goes through the roof 😂). It had just never occurred to me to sell that way.

Equally when buying, I would look again for a yard on its own if necessary and a house very nearby. I don’t find it any hassle to have them that far away.

I sold one like that about 20 years ago. The house was in the centre of the village and the yard was just at the edge. The only issue I had was that the buyers then had me over a barrel when they gazundered me a few days before we were due to exchange, knowing that I couldn't afford to pull out of both sales and buy the place I was going to. If they'd only been buying one or the other I'd have told them where to get off. It cost me £30k.

Spotherisk

Visit site
I'm selling a little house with just over 3 acres. Not a silly price fantastic hacking etc but probably not enough acres for you and in midlands. We are desperately trying find something with 5 acres plus anywhere in England or North Wales/ Welsh boarders and struggling 😔 not a huge pool of houses to choose from I guess 😔

The link I posted two up has over five acres, plus an option to buy more.

dixie

Visit site

we sold a place like this in 2004.
The yard was up the lane from the house.
We bought both separately but sold it as a package.
It had a lot of interest and sold very quickly. Annoyingly the people who bought it weren’t horsey and the arena has gone to waste.
Interestingly most of the people interested wanted to use the land for other things rather than horses.
I would also be interested in buying like that now too - and I am looking 👀

Polos Mum

Visit site
When we sold our place in Lincolnshire most people quizzed me on how easy it would be to turn the arena (£30k's worth - 30 x45 with pro surface) into a tennis court.

I think the smallholder size plots have lots of appeal to equine and non-equine buyers.

If you looked at more than 15 acres there is a bit more chose and much harder for a residential mortgage - less people want that and you can always rent bits you don't need.