Prophet's thumb print.

CalliChristmasTree

Visit site
Does anyones horses/ponies on here have one?
Found one on Calli the otherday.
Anyway was just wondering what are they? I know they are a sign of good luck. But i mean scientifically.

frannieuk

Visit site
My girlie has one - maybe good luck for her cos she has been in a few scrapes - she somersaulted backwards off an 8 foot sleeper bridge into the ditch below last year, luckily I fell onto the bank and she wedged up in the ditch. Fire brigade etc, and she was in shock and badly bruised. After 4 days box rest she was bored, after 7 days we were riding and 10 days after the accident she jumped at Dorchester show and came 5th (all with the vets permission!) Vet couldnt believe she hadn't broken anything, so yes, I think her prophets mark maybe lucky!!

Halfpass

Visit site
My OH horse had what I though was one really does look like one but when the osteopath came she said it was actually a torn muscle and he needs some work on it ooops
blush.gif

JAK

Visit site
Our lovely Fat Orange One has one!
cool.gif

Always thought he was just a humble sec C x but maybe he has some posh Arab in his background somewhere or something, as it is thought to have originated with the Arab horse - what breed are other peoples who have them?

Mind you, he was so fat when we got him, we'd had him for quite some time before we even noticed it! LOL
shocked.gif

Saf

community.webshots.com
Oh Saf has one on the right side of her neck
grin.gif
, was always told that the prophet placed his lucky mark on the day they are born for the choses ones, I was there but missed the prophet
wink.gif

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Calli has been traced back to the Godolphin Arabian.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fat Orange One steps politely aside & bows his head in a suitably humble fashion ( a big deal for him, as he's generally not remotely 'humble'! LOL)!
ooo.gif
smile.gif

JAK

Visit site
Hhmm, all rather lovely, posh horses so far, apart from FOO - anybody else got a fat, furry 'Heinz 57' pony with one? LOL

Halfstep

Visit site
Apparently they are caused by the foot of the foal pressing into the body in utero.....but the nicer story comes from Bedouin mythology, in which God created horses from the wind, and his prophet Mohammed blessed those he favoured by leaving his thumbprint on them.

miamibear

Visit site
Red has one. When i bought him i thought it was some sort of scar tissue that hadnt grown back properly from an operation!!

So glad it didnt bother me and i didnt ask how stupid would i have looked?!

YO told me they were good luck, i hope so!

the watcher

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hhmm, all rather lovely, posh horses so far, apart from FOO - anybody else got a fat, furry 'Heinz 57' pony with one? LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Heinz 57, but my Highland has one and can certainly occasionally qualify in the fat and furry stakes
grin.gif

joy

Visit site
I had an Anglo Arab hermaphrodite with a huge one in her neck, but my 7/8TB1/8AQH
has one in his chest.

_jetset_

Visit site
Hannah has one on both sides of her chest, quite deep too.

I heard once that it was supposed to represent good breeding, but these are only myths I am sure! Unless Hannah really is of good breeding, in which case I'll go with that one, LOL! Han is IDxTB exactly 50:50...

frannieuk

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Apparently they are caused by the foot of the foal pressing into the body in utero.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, Finn must be quite a contortionist seeing as hers is on the front ride side of her chest, quite high up!!
tongue.gif

Snowberry

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, me!! Glen has one and has NO breeding whatsoever!!
grin.gif