Proposed route of HS2 - staight through BE events!

Molasses

Visit site
Yes, fortunately I have youth and passion still on my side. Give it 10 years and I'm sure I may be getting rather tired and disillusioned too. Just hope I can make and see a difference to keep me going with my love of it :)

Keep going, I for one think you are doing a BRILLIANT job :) :)

I'm going to print this off and take to office tomorrow
I don't mind anyone loving their 'backyard' but people who think a turbine is ruining their life and telling me i'm the devil really need some perspective:rolleyes:

on HS2, who knows, but i wouldn't want to be the person on the other end of the telephone for the next 10 years, everyone who "doesn't mind" or who "likes it" will never say so and will never ring or voice their opinion. But the folk who think it's worse than cancer will be making some poor people's lives miserable. Hope the developers and designers have thick skin:)

EstherYoung

Visit site
It's going right through my old YO's house, through pretty much every field I've kept horses in for the last 12 years (although current fields are OK), and will completely screw up our hacking :( And yes, competition wise it cuts through two of the rides that we run for EGB.

I'm not a total NIMBY - in fact if we had to have it I'd like it closer to my back yard, on the ex London Midland Mainline route which runs parallel to the proposed route (and the existing commuter line in places) and for which the trackbeds still exist: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5358

As one of my friends put it, it just looks like someone's joined the dots with a large crayon instead of looking at what already exists that could be utilised.

They don't just want to put the trainline through our hacking (and two listed buildings of historical interest), they want to stick a huge great train depot there too. Whereas if they used the old London Midland Mainline route, there is still wasteland next to the route where the old huge great train depot used to be: http://www.flickr.com/photos/blue-diesels/8009080331/in/faves-bristolsteam/

It's the mess for the 10+ years that it will take to build it too. We knew it was coming but I really did think that the logical approach would be to use some of the miriad of old railway routes that exist in this area rather than butcher our few remaining green spaces. Not impressed :(

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
As one of my friends put it, it just looks like someone's joined the dots with a large crayon instead of looking at what already exists that could be utilised.

This is what they probably have done within reason tbh! They cannot survey the proposed route until it goes public as it is too high profile a project to be able to do proper surveys undetected. From what I understand small groups have been going out in minibuses and surveying as they drive through - anything else would have drawn too much suspicion.

Now they can get out on the ground and do real life recces there will be I imagine some realignment happening. It is rubbish that thats happening to you, but it has to happen somewhere :eek: They should keep access routes open for you across there I would have thought? Could be an interesting feature of a hack? :eek: :)