Proud mummy moment

Lammy

Visit site
So today we went out on our second hack since being back from a year off due to a bad injury. And really the last one was just a quick pootle around a wood and back. This was a proper hack.

Firstly we had to negotiate the big road for about 400m until getting to the bridleway. No problem. The next challenge was hacking past some golfers on the driving range, a bit of a look but no issue. Then we met another horse who followed us down the track until leaving us at the fork in the road, no problem with that either! He lead through the winding part of the forest, downhill and up and down some ditches, that was fine, we got this!

We got to a wooden bridge where it was famous last words for my friend who told me she’d go over first as her mare was fine with noisy bridges. As soon as her mare got on the bridge she was off it, scrabbling and scurrying over the wood making a right racket! Poor boy was eyes on stalks watching her go and then it was his turn...He crept over it but kept at a walk and was totally cool by the time he was off, me and my friend crying with laughter at the whole thing 😂

A bit later a dog shot out of nowhere and started snarling and snapping at my friends horses heels, think it frightened us more than the horses, don’t think my boy even noticed but we shouted at the very far away owners all the same as they didn’t even attempt to call it back! Then it was back through the golfers, under a bridge just after watching the train go over overhead and not even blinking at it. Then we saw our first lorry on the road back to the yard.

It was all very tiring and we had a lot of yawns on the walk home but I’m so proud! He did everything I asked him too, he has so much trust in me and my friend couldn’t believe he was so unfazed and so we’ll behaved. Gold star for him today and lots of carrots.

Sorry for the essay but it was a very eventful hack and there’s lots to be proud of!

34g2hzq.jpg

awelshandawarmblood

Visit site
Aww what a fab boy! It's one of those things until you take a minute to stop and think, its easy to take to take for granted just how good they are day to day, but after a break like that is something else! Extra carrots definitely deserved! :)