proud mummy post

Ibblebibble

Visit site
daughter has had her new pony for 2 weeks, now daughter is a nervous nellie, been riding and had own pony since she was 4(she's now 11) but she has always struggled with her confidence. So many times i have sat her down and asked if she's sure she wants to carry on riding and the answer is always yes.
Daughter has ridden new pony nearly every day over the last 2 weeks,mostly with me walking with her or standing in the middle of the paddock. Today though she rode her in the paddock on her own, i was in the middle to start with then i ducked out to answer my phone and left her to it;) (while keeping a very sharp eye on things). managed to get this snap of her, pony's reins too long i know but she is very unfit and rather fat and i'm more concerned with daughters confidence rather than being all correct at the moment.
miffy033.jpg

so proud of her, she's used to riding a dainty built 12hh and then we got her this tank like 13.2hh connemara!!
she may never be the next mary king or ellen whittaker but as long as she's happy in her riding doing what she wants to do i really don't care!

Asha

Visit site
Sometimes it just takes the right pony to get them going. I think your doing absolutely the right thing, just let her play with the pony, and move on in her own time.

She looks really happy and relaxed, and for a hobby, thats what its all about:D

Ibblebibble

Visit site
What a lovely post :D

Very well done lass :D :D

They look great :)

just passed on your comments and she blushed and grinned:D

Sometimes it just takes the right pony to get them going. I think your doing absolutely the right thing, just let her play with the pony, and move on in her own time.

She looks really happy and relaxed, and for a hobby, thats what its all about:D

my thoughts exactly, I've had plenty of comments of 'get her to pony club they'll get her going' but in all honesty she doesn't want to 'get going' she wants to hack and enjoy her ponies rather than do anything competitive.

She even tried a few strides of canter today without any prompting or pushing from me, huge step for the girl who would freeze at the very mention of the word 6 months ago!!

MrsJ

Visit site
such a nice change to see a fellow mummy happy that their child is just enjoying having a pony and not being a pushy parent.

My little girl (6) is just the same. We have a pony on loan for her for the summer holidays and she spends most of the time grooming her, poo picking her field, feeding her (we have to monitor this!!!) and generally faffing around with the occasional ride. It's lovely to see. She is a member of a local Pony Club Centre but they are so not competitive and they do loads of things based around badges and learning things rather than just focussing on the riding and competing.

mollyblob

Visit site
Well done daughter! They look lovely together- both very relaxed.

You can't force confidence, nothing wrong with having a great old time pootling about in the field if that's what makes you happy! :)

ebonyallen

Visit site
Well look at them, they look great together :D Give your daughter a big hug she derserves it, really pleased for her and you. You have every right to be a very proud mummy. Make sure you show her these replies to boost her confidence. She really looks good sat there well done :D:D:D:D:D

Ibblebibble

Visit site
Well look at them, they look great together :D Give your daughter a big hug she derserves it, really pleased for her and you. You have every right to be a very proud mummy. Make sure you show her these replies to boost her confidence. She really looks good sat there well done :D:D:D:D:D

I will do, thank you EA:D