PSG in a rope halter - blimey

Worried1

Visit site
Wow and I thought I was brave when I rode Diva in a cavesson after she had the sarcoid removed from her lip!

(I might have attempted a walk and trot test at a push - canter felt very weird!
wink.gif
tongue.gif
)

Impressive stuff!

Halfstep

Visit site
He's a French trainer, a bit controversial because of his quarrel with Phillipe Karl over various aspects of training (can't remember the essence but something to do with a picture of Catherine Henriquet in a piaffe springs to mind - can anyone remember or find a link?).

Henriquet has a super book which has been translated into English "Henriquet on dressage". Read with an open mind it is an extremely instructive volume!

Worried1

Visit site
Just had a look at your post but thought I would reply to it in here.

One word... ITCHY

She is worsening
frown.gif

She had a steroid injection on Thursday and since then has been on 100 tablets a day - TBH I thought she would have shown some improvement by now.

tonight she was quite agitated but it's becasue she is itchy and wants you to scratch her.

Will ring the vets tomorrow and discuss what you suggested it could be. Thank you x

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Fantastic, just goes to show how influential the rider is and not the reins or the bit!
That is a huge horse too, yet it seemed utterly obedient and happy to work in what appeared to be a smallish arena?.
Now I wonder what would happen if we had a class that insisted on a test ridden in a headcollar, I bet half the best dressage horses in the UK wouldn't be in it!

natalia

Visit site
My trainer tells me that I should be able to do everything with my horse I can do under full tack in just a headcollar! She's also a fan of lots of no stirrups and bareback to improve the seat. Its true though, as now i can jump round a decent sj course in just headcollar and also work to elementry DR. If you have a properly trained horse then doing any of this shouldn't be an issue at all.

kerilli

Visit site
there was a French guy years ago who used to do a dressage display (i think it was at Olympia, the big Christmas show) without a bridle. GP stuff again, iirc.
what is it about the French?
wink.gif
wink.gif

must admit, this is one in the eye for the idiots who say that the higher up the levels a horse goes, the stronger it should become in the contact... so, what does "self-carriage' mean then?!
thanks for the link, lovely to watch.

flyingfeet

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
So, someone remind me, why can't one ride in BD and BE with a bitless bridle or hackamor...?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because you'd have to be very specific about the hackamore - ie: bosal or rope halter for the equivalent of a snaffle

English and german hackamores have a leverage advantage and could not be compared to a snaffle in terms of action.

Where combination and interesting nosebands (kinetons) are not allowed you cannot allow hackamores.

TarrSteps

Visit site
In the "interesting pieces of information" category, everywhere else in the English speaking world an "English (or jumping) hackamore" is a straight pull leather covered noseband with no leverage component at all, just rings at the ends for reins.