PSOS noseband alternatives

AFB

Visit site
Hi

Looking for some shopping advice really - I splashed out on a PSOS High Jump bridle for my fussy welsh D a few months ago and whilst he loves the headpiece, he just isn't getting on with the noseband so we're currently back in our old Stubben hunter bridle.

I've been trying to sell the PS but have had no interest (despite being £100 less than new!) so I'm thinking of switching the noseband to make it useful, problem being I'm not particularly keen on the PS cavesson noseband in terms of looks or price!!

Can anybody recommend a noseband that meets the following:
  • Cavesson (no flash required)
  • No crank
  • Silver buckles
  • Does up on both sides
  • Same havana as PSOS
  • Chunky enough for a Section D (current hunter noseband is approx 1 1/8" and there's room for slightly more width)
  • Off the peg as we're between sizes so I'd need to be able to exchange if necessary
I've already looked at Henry James & CK Equine so they're out.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Sabre would possibly do one but I can't remember how thick the noseband is. possibly not thick enough
https://www.shop.sabreleather.co.uk/sabre-cordoba-round-raised-english-cavessons-1019-p.asp
you could also check out albion

I recently ordered a totally custom FSS bridle from ebay and am really happy with it, I got great service. the same seller has a plain cavesson listed which is 4cm wide. They bent over backward to help me, happy to recommend them.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FSS-Comf...4a:m:mU4kWS1oMbwje8fQSmExJQw&var=424216248120

measure the width of your hangers first, some are 1/2 inch, some 5/8... ;)

AFB

Visit site
Thanks Milliepops - the Sabre ones are a bit fine and the Albion a bit pricey!

I had looked at the FSS and really like the link you've linked actually, the 6-8 week wait put me off but if they're a good seller it might be worth a punt.

AFB

Visit site
You could try English Bridles. I don't think they have one that does up on both sides as standard but they'd probably make you one. They're lovely quality and I've always had great service from them.
https://www.englishbridles.co.uk/shop/product.asp?strParents=99&CAT_ID=116&P_ID=476
I'd rather not go down the made up to order route with size issues - really want to find something exchangable.

Have you looked at evison equine ?
I have - they only do one non-crank cavesson and I'm not keen on the style at all.

nikkimariet

Visit site
Will FSS on eBay do you one?

Must admit I prefer cranks as they allow the noseband to sit evenly therefore reducing pressure points.

AFB

Visit site
Will FSS on eBay do you one?

Must admit I prefer cranks as they allow the noseband to sit evenly therefore reducing pressure points.

Despite not replying on this one I did take this on board, and when I consider my issue with cranks is overly tightening and the decision to do so is 100% within my control, it's a bit of a non-issue really...

So I ordered the dressage crank & a new pair of reins from Henry James and it arrived this morning - it's beautiful quality, way surpassed my expectations and came with a free cap and packaged nicely (which yes, makes no difference to the product but makes me happy on a grim Thursday morning).

Just have to hope it fits when we try it on this evening, fingers crossed :)