Psyllium husks - offer

autumn7

Visit site
Considering buying these on offer but dithering as wonder how I can feed them if feed can't be dampened to mix them in.
Mine would need 2 scoops (100g) daily which is a lot of powdery husks to feed cobs which only receive a token feed of one handful Good Doer in 1/4 mug soaked Fast Fibre to mix in Vit/mins.

I usually feed pelleted psyllium twice a year so no probs but this is a good offer. Are these husks readily eaten?

http://feedmark.com/Product.asp?Product=psyllium+husks&s=show

Reindeer Rider

Visit site
I used to feed my old boy psyllium husks on the advice of my vet. He said it might help avoid colic. Horse was in his late 20's and ate it quite happily in with his usual feed. I don't think his feed was dry though. It's not so different from bran.

autumn7

Visit site
roxysrider = it's the guideline quote "ensuring the product does not come into contact with fluids" that puts me off. From what you recall, it's not that important then.

Anyone else?

Black_Horse_White

Visit site
Just read on my tub it says feed daily for one week each month. Feed dry for loose bowels and diarrhoea. Soak first in water to make a gel when treating constipated horses or to clear gut.