PTS

nicelittle

Visit site
Well, having tried absolutely everything, we have had to make the decision to put our pony to sleep.
The date is Tuesday. This weekend has been horrible. I can't stop bursting into tears. I can't really talk about it with work colleagues as they don't understand. I've even had one 'horsey' lady trying to persuade me to take him to our local rescue centre! I was quite disgusted to be honest.
So, Tuesday he will go to the big field in the sky, via our local hunt, which is the only method for a needle phobic vet shy pony.
Just needed to tell someone who would understand x

cowgirl16

Visit site
I know exactly how you're feeling - went through this myself only 6 weeks ago. The waiting is unbearable. Wishing you courage and strength for Tuesday.

Leo Walker

Visit site
You are doing the right thing. I went through similar with mine. Apparently he shouldn't have been PTS as he was only 6. Didn't matter that hi pedal bones were about to come through his soles, he was only 6! At the time it just went over my head as I was so upset and felt like such a failure, but now I feel really annoyed by other peoples stupidity!

The waiting is the worst. You are in a no mans land sort of limbo. Once its done you can start the process of grieving and it will get better over time. I miss my boy still but I am so very glad that I was able to make the decision before it was too late and he ended up in agony.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Well, having tried absolutely everything, we have had to make the decision to put our pony to sleep.
The date is Tuesday. This weekend has been horrible. I can't stop bursting into tears. I can't really talk about it with work colleagues as they don't understand. I've even had one 'horsey' lady trying to persuade me to take him to our local rescue centre! I was quite disgusted to be honest.
So, Tuesday he will go to the big field in the sky, via our local hunt, which is the only method for a needle phobic vet shy pony.
Just needed to tell someone who would understand x

Hard decision - sleep well little ponio xxxxx

mytwofriends

Visit site
Thinking of you. It's so hard, but comfort yourself in the knowledge your little pony will be pain free. Treasure your fond memories. Take care.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
know how you feel, i felt numb when i had arranged for mine to be PTS and had to go through the weekend and the monday as mine was done on the tuesday.....its really hard to wait and hopefully you will feel better once it is done....although i was upset afterwards i had no regrets as i knew it was the best for my girl...big hugs for you and good luck for tomorrow...

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I feel for you, I know I need to have my old pony PTS before too long as his teeth are failing and he struggled last winter despite remedial dentistry and soft food. I just keep putting it off as at the moment he is still eating grass and fat but winter is on the way :(

BSL

Visit site
The hardest thing for us to do as owners. I still have a cry for all 4 wonderful horses I have had through my 52 years. But they are at peace. Thinking of you.

nicelittle

Visit site
Thank you all, I feel a bit better this evening, the farrier came and took his shoes off, he had quite a job as C did not want to bend his hind legs, and was tail swishing vertically and looking very uncomfortable, makes me see it is definitely the right thing to do. After my daughter said her goodbyes, which was awful, I feel a bit more set about what's to come tomorrow.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
You will be in my thoughts tomorrow I know it's horrible but you will feel a sense of relief afterwards, try to remember what a lovely life his had and think of all the good times x

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Big bucket of carrots, a big hug for him.

An even bigger hug for you. You will be in my heart tomorrow. Be kind to yourself, you're doing the best & bravest thing. Huge love to you.

ponyparty

Visit site
Thoughts with you today :( echoing what the others have said - you're doing the best thing for him. Doesn't make it any less heartbreaking, I know x