Public Liability Only

Tarandes Bear

Visit site
As the title suggests, I am looking to hear your stories. I am looking for public liability insurance only for 2 horses. I have spoken with NFU (first choice), and they can only offer PL with built in loss of use. As you can imagine this bumps up the premium. I have heard good reports about BHS Gold. Any opinions / views much welcomed, and how much you pay would be a bonus. Big thanks!

lelly

Visit site
I have just taken BHS gold for the same reason. It's £60 a year or if you want you can pay monthly.

happyclappy

Visit site
been trying to answer this since you posted, just found the mobile version/

i have signed up to BHS Gold as it covers any number and gives other benefits such as free legal advice, all for the same fee. whw is cheaper but does it offer so much? if so i am annoyed lol

Shay

Visit site
Public liability is a minute part of horse insurance. I tried to remove it from our policies as we are BHS gold, and Pony Club, and WHW from before the PL offer so we actually have cover 3 times. It made £4 difference to the premium - so I left it! We've never had to claim - but all have good reputations.

JoannaC

Visit site
Ah was just about to ring NFU about changing one of my horses to liability only so obviously won't be able to do that. Guess i'll be joining BHS Gold.

wench

Visit site
You might want to check the excess on bhs etc memberships, I believe they can be up to £1k...