Pulborough. . .

Flint12

Visit site
Im thinking of going of to Pulborough for my lads first BE. It was always the plan to get him out a few times at the back end of the season.

I have just been looking at the schedual. They run a BE80 class aswell as the BE90.

I was planning on doing the BE90, but im now wondering whether to do the BE80 as it is his first BE event
confused.gif

He has gone out and done several ODE's and XC schooled about 6 times.

Just wondered what the courses included at both heights, and whether there would be a huge difference between the courses? He is more than capable of doing either, the dressage is what i will be worrying about!

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thankyou
smile.gif

AutumnRose

Visit site
Pulborough is lovely
smile.gif
smile.gif

I think all levels there are perfect for first timers so it really depends of how you feel
smile.gif

last year i did the BE80 as my youngsters first ever event and it was lovely. Very inviting and so well built. SJ still had lots of proper fillers etc so it was like jumping a proper course. XC little and very kind, little ditch to a rail and a splash through the water were in it.

Intro is lovely there too lthough there are a few combinations etc. Rails to bank are near the beginning...there are two logs of a curve which cause loads of problems the year i last did it (not last season, one before) but i expect they jump better now. There is also the ditch to log on the way up the hill just before the finish. Totally up to you as to how confident you feel with him. I always think that if there is any doubt, do the smaller one and have an uber confident day.

Always better to leave an event thinking, oh i could have done the bigger one, than have had a silly problem somewhere and say oh i wish i'd done the small class!!

See you there
smile.gif
smile.gif

gummybear

Visit site
Depending on when Pulborough is - you can hire the course. I know you cant ride a certain amount of weeks before the event, so if you get in quick you could go for a schooling session, have a look at the fences, then decide from there.