Pulling off overeach boots with teeth....

icestationzebra

Visit site
Not me
blush.gif
- horse!

Decided to start putting overeach boots on madam as she has caught herself a couple of times whilst hooling round in the field with her 4 year old boyfriend! Firstly I had to procure said OR boots as I threw all mine away on the advice of UberGod - Lucinda Green
grin.gif
Rode her in them, and yesterday decided to put them on in the field. Went to get her in yesterday evening and one boot was off - found it - not torn and velcro intact but undone. This evening there was a big chunk out of one but it was still on. Tied her up on the yard whilst I mucked out and caught her....trying to pull it off with her teeth! They fit well and are definately not tight on her pasterns or rubbing - perhaps they are not this seasons colour?
confused.gif

Anyone else ever seen this?

RunToEarth

Visit site
My mare used to do it. She didnt do it as much with Neoprene double locking ones but I found the best were pull on rubber ones, but left on too long I imagine they will make the bulb soggy....

k9h

Visit site
Maybe she wants diamante ones!???! Have never seen that see alot of tricks horses do but not that!

miniemy

Visit site
Welcome to my world.

My youngster has now gone through 4 pairs. He has pulled them all off with his teeth, completely undone the velcro and/or ripped them depending on the mood.

The other week I put him in his stable after bringing him in from the field and left his boots on as I was going to work him straight away. I was bending down outside his stable only to be smartly donked on the head by a flying overreach boot closley followed by the brushing boot. Luckly enough I dodge the second blow
shocked.gif
and promptly told him never ever to do that to his new Stretch and flex boots if he knew what was good for him.

Anyone got any good boots that are youngster proof???

mirandaharry

Visit site
Been there many a time!!!
crazy.gif

My beasty does it for a past time. I once made the misatke of putting them on to turn him out in - I think they lasted about 2 mins before being completely trashed.

He has also done this to me while riding - puts his head down to scratch, then obviously thinks " ohh what's this expensive looking contraption round my foot, it'll get all grubby down there, better take it off (by brute force) and hurl it into orbit!).
grin.gif
grin.gif

No idea what you can do (superglue, staples, no more nails
wink.gif
tongue.gif
?!), but if you find a cure PLEASE let me know!! x
laugh.gif

tigers_eye

Visit site
Hehe, my 5 yo does it if he's bored, he enjoys the challenge of his eskadron tendon boots - he has to lift the covering velcro, then get the two straps under it undone - when he acheives it he is very pleased with himself! I don't leave him with them on unattended anymore. If and when i get to the stage that I think he's so valuable I want to wrap him up in cotton wool I think I'll just have to grit my teeth and turn him out without them!

TOMPOES

Visit site
ya my gelding takes his off undone them and puts them over the fence next to each other just like we take our shoes off and put next to each other little s#d dont you just love them

icklechlo

Visit site
could you put tape round them? we always tape boots on when going on really long rides or goin xc as id rather have to pull electrical tape off after than have a boot fall off on the way round!

NuttymareII

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to my world.

My youngster has now gone through 4 pairs. He has pulled them all off with his teeth, completely undone the velcro and/or ripped them depending on the mood.

The other week I put him in his stable after bringing him in from the field and left his boots on as I was going to work him straight away. I was bending down outside his stable only to be smartly donked on the head by a flying overreach boot closley followed by the brushing boot. Luckly enough I dodge the second blow
shocked.gif
and promptly told him never ever to do that to his new Stretch and flex boots if he knew what was good for him.

Anyone got any good boots that are youngster proof???

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but that is so funny
grin.gif
grin.gif