pulse??

hihosilver

Visit site
Hi my connie cross has a pulse in one foot. He is a bit round but no crest and fat pads. He is on a skinny paddock and on more grass during the day. Grass is on sand and not good quality as lots of weeds. But it was rested for 2 months. He also had a pulse below his wither. He jumped yesterday so could he have knocked himself? or do I keep him on the skinny paddock with soaked hay as a precaution- thanks

Reactions: DD

meleeka

Visit site
If he didn’t have a pulse he’d be dead 😂 seriously, raised pulses are just a sign of inflammation so it could easily be a knock.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I'd be soaking hay as a precaution, I can only feel a digital pulse on mine when he's got an abscess or needs to come off the grass asap. Always worth being cautious IMO

Twohorses

Visit site
Err on the side of laminitis caution, just in case:)

That said the vet was here last week to examine an old sacrum injury that my now-in-remission IR horse seriously re-injured.

He still deals with hoof issues. The vet felt digital pulse in all four hooves but it was equal. She felt it was from the stress of the re-injury to the sacrum.

She put him on 14 days of a potent muscle relaxer I have never heard of, and costs $5 U.S. per dose --- Holy Crow.

Meaning, err on the side of caution for laminitis but it could simply be be hurt himself:)