Punchestown

Clodagh

Visit site
Anyone watch the Champion Chase!? Bah to those who said Douvan would have beaten Altior at Cheltenham had he stood up. I love Un de Sceaux, he's a little cracker - glad I don't have to ride him out, though!

Visit site
I've always thought Douvan was over rated. Don't get me wrong he is a very high class horse but UDS has always had a bit more flare about him! And as for beating Altior if he had stood up? Never. A lot of these Mullins/Richi horses don't seem to last more than a couple of seasons at the top. Maybe it's because they never get a proper holiday and go on to race in France? Who knows.

I do hope Gordon Elliott gets the trainers title this year!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I've always thought Douvan was over rated. Don't get me wrong he is a very high class horse but UDS has always had a bit more flare about him! And as for beating Altior if he had stood up? Never. A lot of these Mullins/Richi horses don't seem to last more than a couple of seasons at the top. Maybe it's because they never get a proper holiday and go on to race in France? Who knows.

I do hope Gordon Elliott gets the trainers title this year!

It is because they are greedy. The real horsemen - Hen Knight, Nicky Henderson for instance, know how to produce a horse for both success and longevity. and have respect for the horse.

Visit site
Getabird? (I went out so have only seen up to the Champion Chase). He was disappointing too.

No no no no! You Need to catch up dear! Oh he was naughty! Goodness knows what went on his head! He took out all chance of winning and took out Finians Oscar and the rail right before the last! You have to see it to believe it! I know the horse is dodgy in front but it does look really bad for the jockey who received a 21 day dangerous riding ban and for once I whole heartedly agree with the stewards.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
No no no no! You Need to catch up dear! Oh he was naughty! Goodness knows what went on his head! He took out all chance of winning and took out Finians Oscar and the rail right before the last! You have to see it to believe it! I know the horse is dodgy in front but it does look really bad for the jockey who received a 21 day dangerous riding ban and for once I whole heartedly agree with the stewards.

So weird, you can see him look behind before he pulls right across the fence. Could have been complete carnage. There was some suggestion that other jockeys heard someone shouting to them from the sidelines, but he was the only one who claimed he thought the fence had to be bypassed.

Visit site
So weird, you can see him look behind before he pulls right across the fence. Could have been complete carnage. There was some suggestion that other jockeys heard someone shouting to them from the sidelines, but he was the only one who claimed he thought the fence had to be bypassed.

No one will be feeling worse than him today. He is going to get a lot more stick at the races today. It was a genuine mistake.

I did laugh at a so called journalist that said he should have bypassed the fence to the left not the right. Anyone seen what's on the left of that fence? The stands side rail and the crowd 😂 so he has been shot down in flames!

The best thing Townend could do today is tuck his head down, get on with the job and ride a few winners (for his sake not Mullins! I am firmly in Camp Elliott!) To prove the loud mouth pocket punters wrong!

photo_jo

Visit site

I've heard one story-sorry can't be quoted on here-and I wouldn't be blaming Paul for reacting as he did!

Last edited: