Puppies and how much exercise?

prosefullstop

Visit site
Please remind me how much exercise pups are allowed per day? When Stella was a pup, I didn't actually walk her--well, nothing above ten minutes--until she was six-months-old (we went to the dog park three times a day, and I let her run around at her own pace). Should I do the same thing with Stanley? We're talking about a mini dachshund for those of you who haven't seen my other thread.

ridebumble

Visit site
Not sure on your breed but for our gsd pups we recommend no more than 5 minutes per day for each month of age i.e 2 months 10 minutes per day ... this is for enforced exercise i.e out for a walk, at home they can play as much as they want as they just sleep whenever tired .... hope that helps

prosefullstop

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure on your breed but for our gsd pups we recommend no more than 5 minutes per day for each month of age i.e 2 months 10 minutes per day ... this is for enforced exercise i.e out for a walk, at home they can play as much as they want as they just sleep whenever tired .... hope that helps

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll be a mini dachshund. Okay, so I am on the right track re: exercise. I guess I'll invest in a bag to take him out and about, and get him used to strangers, the sights and sounds of the city etc.

ridebumble

Visit site
we always carry ours too and we reccomend our puppy owners do too
grin.gif

prosefullstop

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
we always carry ours too and we reccomend our puppy owners do too
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I can't imagine carrying a German Shepherd, even a little one
shocked.gif