Puppy farming on the tonight programme

ribbons

Visit site
If only this sort of exposure was on main stream tv more often.
I am always trying to explain to people why its so important to buy from reputable breeders and see the set up. See the puppies early whilst still with their mother and don't buy unregistered or 'designer' dogs, but it usually falls on deaf ears. They don't quite get the awful history behind the bundle of fluff that they are cuddling.
I don't think there are many that just don't care, they just don't realise how bad it is.
If this sort of thing was shown more to the general public, I really believe it would be a massive help in educating them about what really goes on.

Equi

Visit site
Most people don't really care where it is from. They fancy a dog, so the next day they get one. Dump it a few months later and then the cycle beings again. If its cheap it will always sell.

cptrayes

Visit site
Most people don't really care where it is from. They fancy a dog, so the next day they get one. Dump it a few months later and then the cycle beings again. If its cheap it will always sell.

It isn't the cheap mongrels that are the problem. These farmed dogs sell for hundreds of pounds.

There is an operation in Cheshire which breeds in Ireland, imports hundreds of puppies through Liverpool in a big van, and splits them up to private homes where they then pay people to pretend they are home bred and sell them for five hundred quid.

It is utterly disgusting, and the only way round it is to ensure any puppy you buy is registered, and failing that (if you really want a cocker poo) actually on its mother at home.

Last edited: