Purchasing items.. you don't need and never use ...

charleysummer

Visit site
Why did i get an eBay account??
Just bought a pair of lovely leather open fronts... now i KNEW they were full size, and my mare is only 14hh and takes cob size boots.... now I really haven't got a clue why i bought them :S ? maybe I will need a horse to fit them now :p

Have lots of bits I never used, bought an inhand bridle for my old pony which has never been shown in and the pony was sold a month later (had no actual plans to show in hand)

Probably think of lots more

Any other impulse useless buys?

niagaraduval

Visit site
I buy lot's from ebay but I am careful :) I don't buy things I haven't been thinking about for a while. I buy things I need. I might buy another copy of something but that will get used so not a waste of money..
I don't tend to buy tack or bits from ebay, bought a BNWT waterford snaffle but that's it, I also bought a pair of reins once too, but they were also BNWT.

I bought the following last week :

2 pink tubtrugs (as horses are living at home now and I needed buckets) they cost be 19 quid for both!! :shocked:

Pink feed scoop (I am currently using an empty baked bean can :( :D

Bag of Mag Ox to try on mr nervous.

All of the above WAS needed (although maybe not in Pink! but I was offered pink saddle and bridle racks by a friend for xmas so the new theme is pink) :)

Polo*Pony

Visit site
Haha, I do this all the time. Ebay is really quite dangerous!

I've got all manner of things, mostly boots and bandages (saddlecloths are my weakness - how many can they wear at once? So why do they need 20?). But also body protector; spare grooming kit (fine, but I already had three); random fleeces (for me and horse! Again sounds sensible but we have so many already...) and lots of other bits I can't remember right now.

I did, however, manage to buy two gorgeous, brand new rugs for £11 each (inc. P&P) a few months ago - didn't expect them to last long at that price but hoped they'd just last the cold spell as underrugs. They're lasting beautifully as underrugs/stable rugs and are easy to clean and a lot tougher than I thought they would be. The bargains like that make up for all the money I waste ;)

niagaraduval

Visit site
Wait, I forgot one - The only thing I have ever bought and have never used (although at the time was judged neccessary) but did plan to use is a poll guard. Have never had any transport so don't really know why I bought it, I just saw Mr.horse hit his head in the horsebox to rushed out to get one to prevent it from ever happening again, although he used to go out in the horse box once a year sometimes not at all in the year and now they are at home and I have no horsebox of my own he won't be going anywhere soon..

Blitzen

Visit site
Bargain thorogood dressage saddle (£65 inc p+p!), bought in the hope it will fit my youngster when he's broken in the summer! Fingers crossed it will, but even if it doesn't I suppose I can just sell it on. x

FanyDuChamp

Visit site
Rugs, my lad has 22 and I was looking the other day! I seem to have a fixation on them. Fany even has around 8 and is a cold blood, which is ridiculous! Aslo gadgets, I have a tick remover which has never been out of the packet, because when ever they get a tick I remove it the old fashioned way.

FDC

Garfield1537

Visit site
I did used to buy lots on eBay but now only buy what need rather than want! Also had a massive sort out put tack I never/hardly use on eBay and I've made a small fortune : )